From 5:30 a.m. on 01/21/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/22/2018, MPD received 229 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance - 11:25 a.m. Officers responded to Waunona Woods Court for a disturbance between siblings (17 year old AAM victim and 21 year old AAF suspect). The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
2) CENTRAL: Drug Incident/Overdose - 12:08 p.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of E. Washington Ave for a subject (30 year old WM) having an overdose. The subject was transported to a local hospital and then conveyed to jail after given a medical clearance on multiple drug charges including possession of heroin.
3) CENTRAL: Injured Person - 12:18 p.m. Officers responded to the 300 block of W. Dayton St where a subject (49 year old WM) suffered serious injuries after falling/jumping from an unknown level from a ramp. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Juvenile Arrest - 1:13 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence where a juvenile (12 year old WF) was causing a disturbance. Journey Mental Health consulted. The juvenile was ultimately conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center for domestic disorderly conduct and damage to property.
5) EAST: Domestic Disturbance - 1:33 p.m. Officers responded to the 4000 block of Nakoosa Trail for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (38 year old WF victim and 42 year old WM suspect). A verbal argument between the two subjects escalated into a physical altercation where the suspect pushed, punched and strangled the victim. The suspect fled the scene prior to officers arriving. Probable cause was developed and charges are pending for the suspect once located (domestic battery, domestic disorderly conduct and domestic strangulation). The victim was treated at a local hospital and was then conveyed to jail for an outstanding warrant.
6) WEST: Recovered/Stolen Vehicle - 3:31 p.m. A MPD officer located a vehicle that was reported stolen. The suspect (13 year old AAM) was previously identified. Two subjects (AAMs) were observed walking away from the vehicle and when they noticed the officer they fled on foot. Both subjects were apprehended, statements were taken and they were both released. The suspect was not located. The vehicle was recovered (along with a handgun) and the registered owner was contacted. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Check Welfare - 3:38 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital to check the welfare of a subject (53 year old WF) who was dealing the recent death of her child. The subject was talked to. Crisis was consulted. No police action was found necessary.
8) WEST: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired - 6:10 p.m. Officers responded to several reports of shots fired in the 6200 block of Schroeder Rd. Officers located numerous shell casings and damage to a building. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
9) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person - 7:29 p.m. Officers responded to W. Broadway to check the welfare of a subject who was causing a disturbance. The suspect (30 year old AM) was pounding on the glass windows of a business and acting strangely. The suspect refused to keep his hands out of his pockets when requested to do so by officers. The suspect was ultimately taken into custody and conveyed to jail for drug related charges (meth was found on the suspect) after he obtained a medical clearance from a local hospital.
10) CENTRAL: Check Person - 9:09 p.m. Officers responded to a hotel on W. Johnson Street after two callers reported hearing a disturbance. Officers arrived, made contact with a couple and determined that police action was not necessary.
11) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person - 11:21 p.m. Officers responded to Northport Dr regarding a suspect with an active warrant. The suspect (36 year old AAM) was located and arrested on his outstanding warrant.
12) WEST: Crash - 11:41 p.m. Officers responded to Seminole Hwy for a multi-vehicle crash with injuries. One of the occupants was transported to a local hospital with injuries. Parts of the roadway were shut down for a brief time while officers investigated the crash.
13) CENTRAL: Weapons Offense - 3:37 a.m. Officers responded to a business on W. Main Street for a disturbance between co-workers. The victim (21 year old WM) was conveyed to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The suspect (23 year old WM) was arrested for first degree reckless endangering safety. Press release completed.
Priority calls only city-wide from 3:53am-5:30am.