From 5:30 a.m. on 03/17/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/18/2018, MPD received 428 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Priority calls only for Central from 2:15 a.m. to 3 a.m. allowing resources to be available downtown for preventive/proactive interactions with citizens.**
1) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 7:34 a.m. Officers were dispatched to the 1200 block of E Washington Ave for the report of a trespass complaint. A 41-year-old AAM subject was contacted and initially uncooperative, but was safely taken into custody. Based on the subject's behavior he was medically cleared before being taken to jail.
2) CITY-WIDE: Check Person – 12:30 p.m. A subject had contacted Social Services by phone stating, "I am going to kill myself." The phone number returned to a 21-year-old AAF. A data check revealed that the subject does not have a permanent address but may have ties to the Penn Park area. Officers checked the area but were unable to locate the subject. Investigation ongoing.
3) EAST: Death Investigation – 2:56 p.m. MPD officers responded to Westwood Ct to check the welfare of the caller's son. Officers arrived and met the caller who provided officers with access to his son's residence. Officers found a deceased 53-year-old WM. The decedent had several medical issues and his death appears to be of natural causes. Medical Examiner responded.
4) NORTH: ATL Person – 3:11 p.m. Corporation Counsel recently dropped off a body-attachment order for a 39-year-old WM. Officers were subsequently able to make contact with the subject at 3pm on this date at an address on N Sherman Ave. Officers transported the subject to a local hospital for a medical clearance as indicated on the body attachment. Medical professionals determined that the subject needed hospitalization due to the state of his health. Corporation Counsel was notified of the extenuating circumstances.
5) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 3:50 p.m. MPD officers responded to a road rage complaint during which the caller was approached by a male possessing brass knuckles who verbally threatened the caller and the caller's children. The suspect (25-year-old WM) was subsequently located and arrested on charges of disorderly conduct while armed, resisting, possession of cocaine, and misdemeanor bail jumping. The suspect did resist officers as they tried to arrest him, but no officers were injured. The suspect sustained some abrasions to his head, for which he received treatment from MFD-EMS.
6) CENTRAL: Conveyance-Alcohol (Detox) – 8:14 p.m. MPD officers responded to a report of an intoxicated female dozing off in Cold Stone Creamery (427 State St). Officers responded and found a 24-year-old WF subject incapacitated by alcohol (0.35 on the Detox PBT). Subject was placed under protective custody and conveyed to Detox.
7) WEST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 8:29 p.m. MPD officers responded to S High Point Rd for the report of a missing juvenile. The caller reported that her 16-year-old AAM son took out the trash yesterday at approximately 3 pm and has not been home since. Officers aired an ATL (attempt to locate) and listed the juvenile as missing in NCIC.
8) SOUTH: Disturbance – 11:08 p.m. Officers were sent to the Sheraton Hotel, located at 706 John Nolen Dr, for a male guest who was causing a disturbance inside the lobby. This male was trying to get people to fight him and appeared to be under the influence of an unknown drug. Contact was made and the 27-year-old AAM was taken into custody without incident. The suspect was from out of state and was a guest at the hotel. He was taken to jail for a charge of disorderly conduct.
9) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 11:34 p.m. Officers were called to a disturbance in the 400 block of State St. Responding officers learned that a male picked up and grabbed a female by the buttocks when she was walking out of Hawks Bar and Grill. The 22-year-old WF did not know this male and screamed. People in the area then intervened and held the suspect until police arrived. A 24-year-old AAM was arrested for 4th degree sexual assault, disorderly conduct, and possession of cocaine. This suspect also had a prior arrest history for 4th degree sexual assault and was taken to jail.
10) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 12:17 a.m. Officers were called for a domestic disturbance at the Salvation Army, located at 630 E Washington Ave. Officers responded and learned a physical disturbance had occurred between two people at this location who have a child in common. A 20-year-old UF was arrested for battering a 22-year-old AAM during this incident and was taken to jail.
11) MIDTOWN: Assist EMS/Fire – 3:05 a.m. Officers assisted the Madison Fire Department in the 4200 block of Doncaster Drive. A house under construction at this location had visible flames and the front of the house was engulfed. There was no one at the residence and no reported injuries. Officers assisted with traffic direction.
12) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 3:45 a.m. Officers were called to Lamont Ln for a male banging on the door who was not known to the residents. Officers contacted an intoxicated 22-year-old WM and provided him with a ride to his father's house. A short time later, officers were again called back to the Lamont Ln address and the same male was outside causing a disturbance while trying to push his way into the residence. The male was taken into custody and transported to jail on a charge of disorderly conduct.