The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 12/25/2018 through 6:00 a.m. on 12/26/2018, MPD received 182 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 182 calls for service for the past 24-hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (23), East (50), Midtown (22), North (34), South (18), West (30), and Other (5). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
**Priority calls only from 7:15am-8:30am due to calls for service.
1) WEST: Missing Adult – 6:19 a.m. Officers responded to the 500 block of N. Gammon Rd for a report of a missing adult who suffers from dementia (63-year-old WM). Areas searched and the subject was located safe. The subject was returned home. No further action deemed necessary by the police.
2) WEST: Non-Residential Burglary – 6:41 a.m. Officers responded to Target on Junction Rd for a report of a burglary. Off-site security observed two male suspects (AAMs) in the store stealing merchandise and fleeing. The suspects were not on scene when officers arrived. Investigation continuing.
3) EAST: Stolen Auto – 9:54 a.m. Officers responded to Milky Way/Milwaukee St for a report of a stolen auto (left running, unlocked and unattended). Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Disturbance – 11:43 a.m. Officers responded to Northport Drive for a disturbance. A suspect (21-year-old AAM) entered the home of a co-worker/victim (42-year-old HF) two times without permission. The suspect was located at his residence and resisted arrest. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting. Investigation continuing.
5) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 1:46 p.m. Officers responded to Moorland Rd for a disturbance. The suspect (20-year-old AAF) showed up at the residence of her child's father/victim (18-year-old AAM) and wanted to take their child for Christmas. The suspect was told the child was not there, so she left. The suspect returned with several friends and they pushed their way into the home to look for the child. The suspect was contacted and subsequently arrested for domestic disorderly conduct, battery and damage to property. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Crash/Property Damage – 6:30 p.m. Officers responded to Hwy 30/N. Thompson Dr for a single-vehicle crash. The driver/suspect (27-year-old WF) was navigating a roundabout too fast when she lost control of the vehicle and struck a light pole, knocking it down. No other vehicles/subjects involved. No reported injuries. The suspect was cited for failure to maintain control and no insurance.
7) SOUTH: Check Area – 6:54 p.m. Officers responded to the Todd Dr/McDivitt Rd area for reports of shots fired. No evidence of shots fired located. Additional canvassing may be necessary during daylight hours. Investigation continuing.
8) MIDTOWN: Attempt to Locate/Domestic Disturbance – 7:20 p.m. Officers attempted to locate a wanted suspect (37-year-old WM) who had several pending charges from a previous day's incident. A phone ping was conducted which was unsuccessful. Later in the day, a Dane County Sheriff's Deputy attempted a traffic stop with the suspect. The suspect fled in the vehicle and then fled on foot. The suspect is still at-large. Investigation continuing.
9) WEST: Battery – 11:34 p.m. Officers responded to Russett Rd for a disturbance between two subjects (18-year-old AAF victim and 35-year-old AAM suspect). The victim reported that the suspect attacked her and refused to allow her to call 911. The victim had visible injuries. The suspect was not on scene when officers arrived. Once located, the suspect will be arrested for battery, intimidation of a victim and strangulation. Investigation continuing.
10) NORTH: Armed Robbery – 12:00 a.m. Officers responded to the area of Browning Rd/Dryden Dr for a report of an armed robbery. The victim (36-year-old WM) stated he was approached by two suspects (AAMs) as he was walking. The victim reported that the suspects pointed a handgun at his head and demanded money. The suspects fled on foot with cash. No injuries reported. Incident Report on MPD's website completed. Investigation continuing.