The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 02/15/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 02/16/2019, MPD received calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 525 calls for service for the past 24 hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (90), East (125), Midtown (66), North (87), South (49), West (72), and Other (36). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other."
1) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 6:00 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (28-year-old WF victim and 27-year-old WM suspect). The subjects reside together and have a child-in-common. The victim reported a series of domestic violence incidents between her and the suspect since the beginning of February. The suspect was not on scene when officers were present. Probable cause was developed to arrest the suspect (once located) for domestic battery (3 counts), disorderly conduct (3 counts), felony intimidation of a victim and strangulation. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Death Investigation – 6:54 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a deceased subject (65-year-old WF). The decedent had been battling cancer. Medical Examiner's office notified. No further action deemed necessary by the police.
3) WEST: Residential Burglary – 9:30 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for a residential burglary. The homeowner/victim (74-year-old AM) observed that the screens on the back porch were cut. There were footprints leading to the back porch. No indication that entry was made to the home. The victim's vehicle was stolen a few weeks ago (but recovered). A possible suspect was identified. Investigation continuing.
4) CENTRAL: Missing Adult – 2:06 pm. A father reported his 21-year-old son missing who was last seen on 2/14. The missing subject has mental health concerns. An ATL was aired and entries made in appropriate data bases. An incident report was completed on MPD website.
5) EAST: Missing Adult – 3:51 pm. Officers responded to the 5900 block of Milwaukee St where a mother wished to report her daughter (27-year-old AAF) missing since earlier in the day. An ATL was aired and entries made in appropriate data bases.
6) EAST: Information/Extra Patrol – 7:34 pm. Officers provided extra patrol near LaFollette High School for a basketball game between LaFollette and East High School. No major incidents reported.
7) WEST: Drug Incident/Investigation – 8:42 pm. An officer observed suspicious activity with a vehicle in the Woodman's parking lot and stopped the vehicle for expired plates. A suspect (20-year-old WM) was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon and possession of marijuana and taken to jail. A second vehicle arrived on scene and a second suspect (20-year-old AAM) was cited for possession of marijuana. Investigation continuing.
8) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 8:27 pm. Officers responded to Northport Dr for a report of an argument between the suspect (17-year-old AAM) and his brother. The suspect began harassing and threatening his mother/victim (35-year-old AAF) when she called police. The suspect was arrested for domestic DC and taken to jail. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Check Person – 9:34 pm. A subject (28-year-old WM) called 911 reporting that he felt homicidal and suicidal. He was conveyed to the hospital where he became uncooperative and the process for an emergency detention was initiated.
10) CENTRAL: Weapons Offense – 12:56 am. A suspect (21-year-old AAF) who had been refused entry into Danny's Pub at 328 W Gorham St earlier in the evening returned to the establishment. When the bouncer/victim (22-year-old AAM) attempted to escort the suspect out, the suspect hit the victim and dispensed pepper spray into his face. Video evidence will be reviewed in order to establish probable cause for trespassing and dispensing OC spray. An incident report was completed on MPD website. Investigation continuing.