From 5:30 a.m. on 10/03/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/04/2017, MPD received 488 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
Certain calls have recurrent themes in terms of time and labor intensity. For example, when individuals are taken for an evaluation due to a mental health issue or episodic break, MPD does an extensive collaboration with Journey Mental Health in determining the least restrictive option. These are always two officer calls and can routinely last between 5-8 hours (or more). Emergency Detention conveyances are taken to the Winnebago Mental Health Hospital in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. This is a five hour round-trip, including intake, that takes two officers out of our community and creates challenges for us as we attempt to service calls.
1) NORTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 6:54 a.m. Officers responded to Mendota Street where a victim (12 year old HF) reported being touched inappropriately by an unknown suspect (HM, 35-40 years of age). Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Battery – 6:59 a.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of S. Stoughton Road for a report of a domestic disturbance that occurred overnight. The victim (46 year old HF) reported that her husband/suspect (42 year old HM) battered her and refused to let her leave. The victim was eventually able to escape and sustained injuries. Suspect not located. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Check Property – 9:14 a.m. Officers responded to a business in the 4900 block of Verona Road after a caller reported that a male was going to rob the business . Officers observed a subject matching the description but the subject disappeared before officers were able to contact him. Additional information was provided to the police about the subject threatening that he was "going to make the news" and indicated some suicidal intentions. Area was checked further and the subject (27 year old WM) was observed and detained. A flare pistol was located in the suspect's pants. The suspect was arrested for an open warrant and carrying a concealed weapon.
4) CENTRAL: Check Person – 10:03 a.m. Officers were contacted to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (24 year old WF). The subject was not able to be contacted/located. Additional information throughout the day was gathered about the location of the subject. The subject was located in Green Lake by a Deputy where she was taken into protective custody. An emergency detention is being pursued by Green Lake Sheriff's Office.
5) SOUTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 2:14 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital for an uncooperative subject (27 year old WM) who was brought to the hospital by his father for a mental health evaluation. An emergency detention was put into place for the subject and he was conveyed to Winnebago by two MPD officers.
6) SOUTH: Sexual Assault – 4:57 p.m. Officers responded to Greenway Cross and Fish Hatchery to take a report of a sexual assault of a victim (20 year old AAM). Sexual assault reported to have occurred at an unknown address on the south side. Investigation continuing.
7) SOUTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 5:22 p.m. Officers responded to the 2900 block of Industrial Drive for an emergency detention of a subject (56 year old WM). Subject was conveyed to a local hospital for a medical clearance before the transport to Winnebago could be completed by two MPD officers.
8) WEST: Disorderly Conduct – 5:50 p.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of Grand Canyon Drive for a report of a suspicious subject (21 year old HM) attempting to gain entrance to a business for no purpose. The subject was located several hours later and was cited for disorderly conduct based on his behavior. He was released with a citation.
9) SOUTH: Burglary Non-Residential – 7:41 p.m. Officers responded to the 900 block of S. Park Street to a business for a possible burglary where a construction fence was damaged, a window was broken and a door was open. Nothing was found to be missing. The area was checked and no suspects were located. Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 8:58 p.m. Officers responded to the 800 block of Jupiter Drive where a victim (21 year old WF) reported that her boyfriend/suspect (36 year old WM) was intoxicated and damaging their property. Officers took the suspect into custody and conveyed him to detox. The suspect made some threatening statements about violence towards others. Due to injuries the suspect had self-sustained, he was transported from detox to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment. Charges for domestic disorderly conduct are pending for the suspect once he is medically cleared/released from detox.
11) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 9:45 p.m. Officers responded to the 1500 block of Sherman Avenue where three subjects were involved in a disturbance. The suspect (48 year old WM) made a veiled threat to harm another individual. No evidence was discovered to substantiate any arrests/charges. The suspect was, however, arrested for an active warrant.
12) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 11:40 p.m. Officers responded to Vondron Road for a domestic disturbance. A couple (26 year old WF and 32 year old HM) were arguing about who was going to go out drinking and who was going to stay with their child. The female suspect was ultimately arrested for domestic battery for striking the male victim.
13) SOUTH: Accident with Injuries – 12:13 a.m. Officer was heading eastbound on the Beltline when he came upon a rollover crash between Fish Hatchery Rd and Park Street. The driver of a vehicle deviated from her lane, spun out in front of a bus and was struck in the side by the bus. The vehicle continued head-on into the median and rolled over. The driver (34 year old WF) was transported to a local hospital due to minor injuries. The driver was cited for unsafe lane deviation.