From 5:30 a.m. on 10/11/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/12/2017, MPD received 447 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Weapons Offense – 7:38 a.m. Officers responded to a disturbance at a business in the 100 block of State Street where a suspect (AAM) was asked to leave several times by the manager/victim (53 year old AAM) of the business but refused. The suspect knocked over property belonging to the business and then displayed a knife. The suspect threw a rock at the store manager which missed contact. The suspect fled the area. Investigation continuing.
2) SOUTH: Check Welfare – 10:13 a.m. Officers were asked to check the welfare of a potential suicidal subject (52 year old WM) on Sunny Meade. The subject was not located. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Disturbance – 10:48 a.m. Officers responded to the 3600 block of Hovde Road for an open 911 line with sounds of a disturbance. Officers made contact with a subject (32 year old WF) who reported a verbal argument with her boyfriend (33 year old WM) who was no longer on scene. Female subject did not display any injuries. No charges from this incident were substantiated. The male subject has several pending warrants but a search of the area was negative for his whereabouts.
4) WEST: Theft – 12:30 p.m. Officers responded to Junction Road where a suspect was observed stealing a wallet from a vehicle at a gas pump. The vehicle description was provided and the vehicle was listed as stolen. The vehicle was located and when officers went to contact the occupants they fled. Three suspects were ultimately detained and taken into custody (all AAMs, age 13 and two 14 year olds). The subjects were arrested for theft and resisting. Investigation continuing for possible additional charges.
5) EAST: Conveyance Mental Health – 6:06 p.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of Cottage Grove Road for a subject (55 year old AAM) panhandling and displaying concerning behaviors. The subject was located and it was determined that he was under a Chapter 51 commitment order. Journey Mental Health consulted. The subject was transported to a local hospital awaiting a final destination at Winnebago.
6) SOUTH: Weapons Offense – 7:19 p.m. Officers responded to the 2000 block of Fisher Street for a report of shots fired. A victim (17 year old AAF) showed up at a local hospital with injuries. It was determined that this specific victim was not the target of the shooting. Two other subjects (2 AAMs, 22 years of age) were contacted and they may have been the potential targets/victims as their vehicle had bullet holes in it. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 8:59 p.m. Officers responded to the 1900 block of Northport Drive where a suspect (27 year old AAM) walked into his ex-girlfriend's home without permission, caused a disturbance (verbal), made threats and displayed a weapon. The suspect was not on scene when officers arrived. There is probable cause for his arrest for domestic disorderly conduct while armed, disorderly conduct while armed and trespassing. Investigation continuing.
8) NORTH: Information – 11:08 p.m. A suspect (37 year old Middle Eastern male) made vague threats to an employer. Individual is slated for termination. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Weapons Offense – 4:19 a.m. Officers responded to World Dairy Drive for a report of two subjects with a gun. Two subjects (both HMs) were contacted. No weapons were located. Investigation continuing.