From 5:30 a.m. on 10/18/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 10/19/2017, MPD received 492 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Death Investigation – 9:09 a.m. Officers responded to a residence on the east side of Madison for a deceased subject (69 year old WM). Nothing suspicious on scene. Subject had numerous medical concerns. Medical Examiner responded.
2) SOUTH: Juvenile Arrest – 9:34 a.m. A juvenile (14 year old HM) returned to school grounds even though he was suspended. An incident had taken place a few days prior with the same juvenile and he ran from officers. The juvenile was located on this date and taken to the Juvenile Reception Center for the previous incident (resisting arrest).
3) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 10:49 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a wanted subject (17 year old AAM) was observed to be present. The suspect was contacted. A medical clearance was sought due to injuries the suspect had sustained on his own prior to police contact. The suspect was transported to jail regarding his pending warrant.
4) NORTH: Missing Person – 12:07 p.m. Officers responded to Whitman Lane for a report of a missing juvenile (16 year old AAF). The juvenile has been in contact with her mother and reports to be out of state. Law enforcement in other jurisdictions contacted with this information.
5) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 12:59 p.m. Officers took a delayed report (of almost an hour) of an armed robbery where a suspect (AAM) displayed a handgun to the victim (24 year old AM) and demanded everything he had near the intersection of Columbus Lane and Independence Lane. The victim and suspect had communicated over social media and agreed to meet to exchange items. There were 3 suspects (all AAMs) that met up with the victim, one displayed the weapon. The victim fled in a vehicle and the suspect shot at the vehicle, striking it several times. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 3:11 p.m. Officers responded to the 2400 block of Independence Lane for a subject (24 year old HM) having an overdose. The suspect was transported to a local hospital and ultimately arrested for possession of heroin and several outstanding warrants.
7) SOUTH: Check Person – 4:27 p.m. Officers responded to Ash Street for a subject (14 year old WF) who was suicidal. The subject was transported to a local hospital. Journey Mental Health consulted. Subject voluntarily admitted to the hospital.
8) EAST: Assist Police – 6:41 p.m. Officers contacted a suspect (28 year old AAF) due to another jurisdiction having a search warrant for her. The suspect was not cooperative. She was arrested for obstructing and transported to a local hospital for the search warrant. The suspect was eventually transported to jail.
9) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 6:41 p.m. Officers observed a wanted suspect (29 year old AAM) near Mohawk/Seminole. The suspect fled in his vehicle. The suspect crashed into two vehicles and fled on foot. The suspect was apprehended and arrested for eluding, hit and run, resisting and operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
10) EAST: Sexual Assault – 6:55 p.m. Officers responded to Metro Terrace where a victim (20 year old AAF) reported a sexual assault by her ex-boyfriend/suspect (35 year old WM). The suspect lives out of state. Investigation continuing.
11) NORTH: Death Investigation – 8:18 p.m. Officers responded to a residence on the north side of Madison to check the welfare of a subject (47 year old WM). The subject was found deceased. The subject had a history of numerous medical concerns. Medical Examiner responded. Nothing suspicious observed on scene.
12) CENTRAL: Hit and Run Crash – 8:24 p.m. Officers responded to E. Washington/Baldwin Street for a hit and run crash involving a pedestrian/victim (35 year old WM). The victim sustained injuries and was transported to a local hospital. Investigation continuing.
13) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 9:49 p.m. Officers responded to Brandie Road for a reported disturbance between two subjects (24 year old WF victim and 21 year old WM suspect). The victim sustained injuries. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery and domestic disorderly conduct.
14) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 10:16 p.m. Officers responded to a business on W. Gilman Street where a suspect (22 year old AAM) was causing a scene and assaulted three individuals. The suspect was transported to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation and is voluntarily admitted. The suspect was issued citations for trespassing and disorderly conduct.
15) CENTRAL: Check Person – 11:32 p.m. Officers responded to W. Gilman Street to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (21 year old WM). The subject was found intoxicated, impaired by drugs and suicidal. The subject was taken into protective custody and transported to a local hospital. The subject was later conveyed to Detox.
16) CENTRAL: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 12:57 a.m. Officers responded to the 1800 block of Winnebago Street for a report of shots fired. No evidence of shots fired were located.
17) CENTRAL: Weapons Offense – 1:15 a.m. Officers responded to the 200 block of State Street where a subject (70 year old AAM) had sustained a wound from a possible knife. The subject was not willing to cooperate with police. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for treatment. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
18) CENTRAL: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 3:57 a.m. Officers responded to the 400 block of N. Baldwin Street and the 10 block of N. Sherman Ave for reports of shots fired. No evidence of shots fired were located.