From 5:30 a.m. on 11/04/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 11/05/2017, MPD received 357 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) SOUTH: Check Person – 9:37 a.m. MPD was dispatched to an address on far West side to check the welfare of an 11 year old boy. The subject had been calling his friends and stating that he wanted to commit suicide. The subject had left the residence prior to officers' arrival but officers were able to locate him walking nearby. The subject had not attempted to harm himself, was transported back home and left in the care of his parent.
2) EAST: Theft from Auto – 11:30 a.m. MPD was called to Vondron Rd reference a theft from auto. The victim had his vehicle broken into between 5 pm and 11:30 pm while it was parked on Vondron Rd and a .380 handgun was stolen. At approximately 11:50 pm last night, UWPD stopped a vehicle unrelated to this theft and recovered the stolen firearm. The driver of the vehicle, a 38 year old AAM, was arrested on felon in possession of a firearm charge and CCW. UWPD was notified the firearm was related to our theft from auto case and they added the charge of possession of a stolen firearm to their case.
3) NORTH: Robbery Strong Armed – 1:34 p.m. The victim, an 18 year old WM food delivery driver, was making a delivery and pulled over in the 2300 block of Superior St. He was approached by three AAMs (ages 17, 17, and 18), one of which opened his passenger door and tried to steal his phone and food. While the victim and suspect were struggling over the phone, one of the other suspects steals the food out of the back seat. The victim was able to maintain control of his phone and the suspects fled in a vehicle. The victim was able to call 911 and provide a description of the vehicle. An MPD officer observed the vehicle on E Washington Ave and a stop was made on the vehicle. Evidence from the robbery was located in the vehicle and all three suspects were taken into custody.
4) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 5:08 p.m. A 29 year old HF located a bullet hole to the right rear corner of her vehicle. She does not know exactly when or where it happened. The area around the 2800 block of Victoria Lane was checked and no casings or other damage was located.
5) EAST: Assist Dane County Sheriff – 9:31 p.m. Madison officers were requested to assist at an injury crash on Stoughton Road north of Commercial Ave. A Dane County Sheriff's Deputy had made a traffic stop when a person ran from the stop (28 year old AAM) and was hit by a separate vehicle traveling northbound on Stoughton Road. The person suffered significant injuries and was transported to a local hospital. The driver of the striking vehicle stopped and was very cooperative. Wisconsin State Patrol provided a crash reconstructionist and MPD investigated the crash. The Dane County Sheriff's Office is handling the initial stop and investigation of potential criminal charges. Incident investigation is continuing.
6) SOUTH: Assist Police – 3:13 a.m. Officers were called to assist Fitchburg PD where a stolen vehicle had fled from them and was then located in the 2000 block of Ashford Lane. Multiple people ran from the stolen vehicle and Madison units helped with a perimeter and canine track. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 4:06 a.m. Officers were called to the 1000 block of Wheeler Road for a domestic disturbance involving a gun. In this incident a male had been drinking with his fiancé when she decided to end the night. An argument ensued as the male wanted to continue drinking. The male then got out a handgun and pointed it at the female while she was in bed. The female ended up getting the gun from the male and threw it down the stairs. The son of the female was also home and then knocked out the male before police arrived on scene. The suspect with the gun is currently under arrest and getting a medical clearance due to being knocked out. Investigation continuing. Ages and races of individuals involved were not available at the time of publication (still in dictation mode awaiting to be transcribed).