From 5:30 a.m. on 11/08/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 11/09/2017, MPD received 463 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 7:57 a.m. Officers responded to the 1800 block of Northport Dr. for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (28 year old AAM victim and 27 year old AAF suspect). A verbal argument escalated into a mutual shoving situation. The female suspect then retrieved a knife and raised the knife to the victim as if she was going to stab him. The female also threw the victim's possessions outside when officers arrived. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct while armed.
2) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 8:50 a.m. A wanted suspect (25 year old AAM) was observed during a surveillance initiative that was set up. The suspect is wanted regarding an armed robbery/home invasion. The suspect was taken into custody without incident. A handgun and marijuana were located during a search incident to arrest. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Check Person – 11:18 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for a suicidal subject (57 year old WM). The subject was placed into protective custody and transported to a local hospital where he was voluntarily admitted.
4) WEST: Conveyance Mental Health – 4:10 p.m. Officers responded to Raymond Road where a juvenile (15 year old WM) was causing a disturbance by throwing chairs and pulling a TV off the wall. The juvenile was taken into protective custody and an emergency detention took place to Winnebago. A MPD Mental Health Officer and Journey Mental Health were plugged in.
5) SOUTH: Assist Police – 6:23 p.m. Officers responded to McCaffrey Dr./N. Wingra Dr. for a report of shots fired. Loud pops and a muzzle flash were observed by witnesses. No damage or injuries were discovered. The call was turned over to UWPD as it was in their jurisdiction.
6) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 6:57 p.m. Officers responded to the 400 block of W. Johnson St for a suspect (51 year old WM) exposing himself. The suspect was arrested for lewd & lascivious behavior.
7) WEST: Weapons Offense – 7:51 p.m. Officers working on a proactive initiative observed a subject (20 year old AAM) loitering in the parking lot. He was contacted for trespassing. A gun was observed on the subject. The subject is on federal probation and is a convicted felon. The subject/suspect was arrested for felon in possession of a weapon, carrying a concealed weapon and trespassing.
8) NORTH: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 9:40 p.m. Officers responded to Goodland Dr. where shots were heard and a storm door at a residence was found shattered. Investigation continuing. Press release completed.
9) EAST: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 1:16 a.m. Officers responded to Chicago Ave/Powers Ave for a report of shots fired. Shell casings were discovered and two dwellings were found with damage. Investigation continuing. Press release completed.
10) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 1:59 a.m. Officers responded to the 4800 block of E. Washington Ave for a subject (25 year old WF) having a medical emergency. The subject admitted to using heroin after she was revived by MFD. The suspect was arrested on active warrants and possession of heroin. Press release completed.
11) EAST: Death Investigation – 3:09 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a deceased subject (28 year old WM). Investigation continuing owing to telltale signs of heroin usage. Press release completed.