From 5:30 a.m. on 11/28/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 11/29/2017, MPD received 449 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Drug Incident Overdose – 5:19 a.m. Officers responded to N. Hancock St for a subject (24 year old WM) having an overdose. An MPD officer administered Naloxone to the subject which revived him. The subject was transported to a local hospital and then conveyed to jail on charges of possession of heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia and a probation hold.
2) WEST: Disturbance – 9:56 a.m. Officers responded to the Madison Metro west transfer point reference a disturbance/threats complaint where the caller (29 year old WF) reported that she was threatened by a male passenger (35 year old AAM). The caller stated that the male subject had a gun. The male subject was contacted and no weapons were found on him. The caller was no longer on scene and attempts to contact her were unsuccessful. The bus driver reported there was a verbal argument between the two subjects but denied hearing any mention of a weapon. The caller was eventually contacted and she reported that she may have inferred the male had a gun. No charges were substantiated.
3) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 3:45 p.m. Officers responded to Calypso Rd for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (23 year old AAF victim and 39 year old AAM suspect). The victim reported being pushed and hit by the suspect. The victim, while attempting to contact 911, had her phone taken away from her by the suspect. The victim is able to get away and call the police. The suspect fled before officers arrived. There are charges pending for the suspect once he is located for (domestic) battery, disorderly conduct and false imprisonment.
4) WEST: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 4:00 p.m. Officers responded to the area of Seminole Hwy/W. Beltline frontage reference several reports of shots fired. Officers checked the area and did not locate any suspects/victims. Officers did locate several bullet casings. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Suspicious Person – 6:24 p.m. Officers responded to MacArthur Rd where a victim (18 year old WF) reported a suspicious person following her and making concerning statements to her. Area checked and suspect not located. Investigation continuing.
6) SOUTH: Weapons Offense – 6:58 p.m. Officers responded to the 2300 block of Fish Hatchery for a report of a bullet entering a residence, narrowly missing two separate individuals because of a ricochet effect. A building clear was conducted based on trajectory points of origin. A handgun magazine was located. Investigation continuing.
7) SOUTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 1:27 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital regarding a sexual assault of a child report. The victim is an 11 year old female. The child was brought to the hospital by a relative and the child's mother could not be located/contacted. Child Protective Services plugged in. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Strong Arm Robbery – 2:53 a.m. Officers responded to Daniels Street where a victim (44 year old WM) reported being robbed by two people he "somewhat knew" of money and his cell phone. The victim was intoxicated and suffered non-life threatening injuries for which he received treatment at a local hospital. Investigation continuing.