From 5:30 a.m. on 12/04/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/05/2017, MPD received 387 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Threats Complaint – 6:41 a.m. Officers responded to the 400 block of W. Wilson St to talk with the complainant (34 year old WF) who reported receiving threatening voice messages on her phone. The suspect (50 year old WM) was known to the complainant. The suspect was contacted. No charges were substantiated at this time.
2) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 7:43 a.m. Officers responded to the 2300 block of E. Johnson St at the request of Department of Corrections for a wanted subject (22 year old AAM). The suspect was contacted and taken into custody without incident.
3) WEST: Information – 11:41 a.m. Officer received information regarding a possible fight that was going to occur over the lunch period at a local school. Officers on scene and did not observe any suspicious behavior.
4) SOUTH: Theft from Auto – 12:32 p.m. Officers responded to a south side residence where a victim (43 year old AAM) reported that his handgun was missing from his vehicle yesterday. No suspect information known. No explanation of why there was a delay in reporting. The weapon was entered as missing in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
5) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 3:47 p.m. Officers responded to W. Main St to check the welfare of a subject (20 year old WM). The subject was found deceased in his home. Drug paraphernalia was located near the decedent indicating a possible overdose. Medical Examiner responded to the scene. Investigation continuing.
6) CENTRAL: Drug Incident Overdose – 4:10 p.m. Officers responded to a parking lot on E. Washington Ave for a subject down. The subject was having an overdose and was revived after being administered Naloxone. The subject was taken to jail after being medically cleared for possession of heroin.
7) SOUTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 4:35 p.m. Officers responded to a report of shots fired in the area of the Lake Farm Park Boat Launch. Caller reported seeing two men exit a vehicle wearing camo and carrying rifles. No evidence of shots fired was located; likely the individuals were hunters. Investigation continuing.
8) NORTH: Battery – 4:40 p.m. Officers responded to Troy Drive where a victim/employee (42 year old WF) reported being battered by a suspect/patient (18 year old AAM). Charges of battery and disorderly conduct were founded and are being referred to the District Attorney's Office against the suspect.
9) NORTH: Assist Law Enforcement/Check Person – 5:00 p.m. Officers received a request from another law enforcement agency regarding the whereabouts of a suspect in a bank robbery that occurred earlier in the day. The suspect (24 year old AAM) was located and arrested without incident.
10) EAST: Armed Robbery – 5:00 p.m. Officers responded to an armed robbery at a bank in the 4500 block of Milwaukee St. Investigation continuing.
11) EAST: Disturbance – 5:47 p.m. Officers responded to a disturbance at a residence on the east side of Madison between two subjects, who are both developmentally disabled (59 year old AF and 18 year old WM). Staff were on scene from the residence. Officers made contact with the female subject after it was reported that she was armed with a knife. The female was calm and unarmed. A decision was made to separate the two subjects/residents for the night. No charges were substantiated.
12) WEST: Armed Robbery – 6:57 p.m. Officers responded to a report of an armed robbery of a victim (37 year old HF) by a suspect (AAM) on Brompton Cir. The suspect was armed with a knife. Suspect fled the area. K9 track conducted. Investigation continuing.
13) SOUTH: Armed Robbery – 8:48 p.m. Officers responded to a convenience store in the 2600 block of Fish Hatchery Rd where a suspect (WM) robbed them at gunpoint. Suspect fled the area. K9 track conducted. Investigation continuing.
14) EAST: Juvenile Complaint – 8:49 p.m. Officers responded to Atwood Ave reference a disturbance between two juveniles (13 year old AAM and 13 year old AAF). No charges were substantiated. The female subject, however, was conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center for violating house rules.
15) SOUTH: Assist Law Enforcement/Check Person – 12:03 a.m. Officers responded to Moorland Rd at the request of another law enforcement agency to check the welfare of suicidal subject (44 year old WM). Officers located the subject unconscious with two knifes in his hand and an empty pill bottle nearby. MFD responded, the subject regained consciousness and he was transported to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment.
16) CENTRAL: Assist Law Enforcement – 2:50 a.m. Officers responded to E. Gorham St/N. Franklin St at the request of another law enforcement agency who was conducting a traffic stop and the driver was not cooperating. The driver/suspect (19 year old AAM) refused to comply with officer directives to exit the vehicle after an odor of marijuana was detected from within the vehicle. The suspect ended up being pulled out of the vehicle and he was ultimately arrested by the other law enforcement agency for possession of THC, resisting and felony bail jumping.
Priority calls only from 5:41pm-7:22pm on Channel 1 due to calls for service.