From 5:30 a.m. on 12/09/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/10/2017, MPD received 167 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Stolen Auto – 8:18 a.m. An MPD officer observes a vehicle cutting in and out of traffic and attempts to stop the vehicle. The vehicle does not stop and no pursuit engaged. Dispatch then informs officers that the vehicle was recently stolen out of Sun Prairie. A few minutes later the same stolen vehicle crashed into a traffic standard on Milwaukee St near Hwy 51 and left the scene. An officer locates the stolen vehicle and sees the occupants leaving. A short time later through coordinated efforts officers locate the three suspects and take them into custody. The three juvenile suspects (14 to 15 years old AAMs) were transported to JRC and will be charged with OMVWOC, Fleeing an Officer, and various other traffic cites. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Drug Incident-Overdose – 8:25 a.m. Officers were dispatched to Starker Ave reference the caller finding her son on the ground passed out. The subject (34 year old WM) had left the residence earlier and then returned home when he complained of stomach pain before collapsing. The subject has a history of heroin usage. MFD delivered naloxone and the subject was revived and transported to an area hospital by MFD. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Drug Incident-Overdose – 9:03 a.m. MPD was dispatched to the 2400 block of E Mifflin St reference a possible drug overdose. The subject's friend had called Dispatch due to the subject having difficulty breathing. The subject (25 year old WF) admitted to heroin use and was transported to an area hospital. The subject was cited and offered the MARI (Madison Addiction Recovery Initiative) program to which she accepted.
4) NORTH: Death Investigation – 1:38 p.m. MPD was dispatched to a death investigation on Kipling Dr. A family member wakes up this morning and hears the decedent (56 year old AAM) snoring on the floor in the living room at approximately 7:30 am. They check on him again at 1:30 pm and finds him pulseless and not breathing. MPD and MFD arrived and resuscitation efforts were attempted but they were unable to revive him. The deceased had a significant medical history and nothing suspicious was noted. Medical Examiner notified.
5) SOUTH: Drug Incident-Overdose – 3:02 p.m. Officers were dispatched to Post Rd reference a possible overdose. The subject (39 year old AAM) was visiting his daughter on Post Rd when they find him on the ground inside the residence, unconscious and not breathing. Officers arrive and locate the subject down. Officers administered CCR and two doses of naloxone until MFD arrived. The male subject was still not responding so MFD administered more naloxone at which point the male finally began to respond and regained consciousness. Officers located heroin on the subject's person prior to him being transported to the hospital. Suspect was cited for possession of a controlled substance and was left in the care of hospital staff.
6) EAST: Conveyance-Mental Health – 7:01 p.m. Officers were dispatched to an East side residence reference a 16 year old WF with mental health issues who was threatening suicide. The subject had recently been released from a mental health facility and was diagnosed with autism, severe depression and anxiety. The female was at a local park with her parents when she began feeling suicidal. Her parents took her home where she subsequently wrote a suicide note and attempted to drown herself in the bathtub. Her parents intervened at which point she went to the kitchen to arm herself with a knife. Her parents again intervened and she then left the residence on foot. Officer made contact with her and she was taken to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation.
7) CENTRAL: Accident with Injuries – 10:08 p.m. Officers responded to John Nolen Dr and North Shore Dr for an injury crash. Investigation led to the subsequent arrest of a 25 year old WM for OMVWI causing injury after he ran a red light, causing the crash. The secondary driver suffered injuries to the hand and he sought medical attention. Both vehicles were towed from the scene due to damage.
8) EAST: Death Investigation – 11:17 p.m. Officers were called with Madison Fire Rescue for a person who was found unresponsive by a roommate at their residence on Hauk St. The 49 year old WM could not be revived. The decedent had medical concerns but there were additional suspicions of either accidental or intentional overdose. Medical Examiner was on scene and investigation continuing.
9) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 2:09 a.m. Officers observed a disturbance in the 600 block of University Ave between multiple people. Officers ended up deploying OC spray for people refusing to stop physically fighting. Two individuals (21 year old AAM and 20 year old AAM) ended up in custody for disorderly conduct, resisting, possession w/intent to distribute and a probation hold. No officers and no suspects were injured.