From 5:30 a.m. on 12/14/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/15/2017, MPD received 382 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Stolen Auto – 8:08 a.m. Officers responded to a convenience store in the 4400 block of E. Buckeye Rd regarding a vehicle that was stolen from the parking lot. The vehicle was left unlocked and running. A witness observed a suspect enter the vehicle and drive off (AAM). The witness and victim/owner of vehicle (29 year old WM) followed the suspect and observed him flee on foot in the 1700 block of Blossom Lane. An address for the suspect was checked and items from the stolen vehicle were located, along with items from the suspect. The suspect was identified as a 18 year old AAM. There is probable cause for the arrest of the suspect for operating a motor vehicle without consent. Investigation continuing.
2) NORTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 9:20 a.m. Officers responded to the 2300 block of Huxley St regarding shots fired. A vehicle was observed by fleeing the area. Several casings were located. No damage was discovered. Investigation continuing.
3) EAST: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 12:20 p.m. Officers responded to the 5400 block of Camden Rd regarding a vehicle observed where the occupants (3 AAM juveniles) were shooting a pellet gun. A window was broken in the area. Area checked. Vehicle/suspects not located. Investigation continuing.
4) SOUTH: Assist EMS/Fire – 12:53 p.m. Officers responded along with MFD to Brittingham Park regarding a subject who was ice fishing and fell through the ice. The subject was pulled from the water successfully.
5) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 2:46 p.m. Officers conducted a traffic stop for a traffic violation near Baldwin St/E. Washington Ave. The odor of marijuana was detected from the vehicle. The driver/suspect (50 year old AAM) was arrested for possession of marijuana and the traffic offense. A search incident to arrest of the vehicle yielded additional drugs and a loaded handgun. The suspect is a felon offender and prohibited from possession firearms. The suspect was subsequently charged with two weapon charges and an additional drug charge.
6) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 3:22 p.m. Officers responded to the 1100 block of Ruskin St regarding multiple fire alarm activations. Officers located a 61 year old WM unconscious in his residence, light smoke in the home and burned food on the stove. Officers provided CCR to the subject and naloxone to revive him. The subject regained consciousness and was conveyed to a local hospital. The subject admitted to using heroin. He was issued a misdemeanor citation and referred to the Madison Area Recovery Initiative (MARI).
7) WEST: Assist Law Enforcement – 3:53 p.m. MPD assisted another law enforcement agency with the recovery of a stolen auto. MPD located one of the occupants/suspect (14 year old AAM). MPD assisted with fingerprinting and photographing the juvenile. He was ultimately conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center.
8) NORTH: Conveyance Mental Health – 4:37 p.m. Officers responded to the 2600 block of Fairfield Place for a subject (40 year old WF) who attempted to commit suicide by overdosing on pills. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital and voluntarily admitted.
9) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 6:25 p.m. Officers responded to Warbler Lane for a disturbance between two subjects where a handgun was involved. The victim (29 year old WF) reported being struck by a handgun by the suspect (29 year old WM). The suspect was reported to be intoxicated, a veteran and suffering from PTSD. Negotiators and on-duty SWAT responded to assist. The suspect was taken into custody without incident on charges including domestic battery, disorderly conduct and possession of a firearm while intoxicated.
10) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 7:18 p.m. An officer observed a vehicle with suspended registration and upon running the license plate learned that the registered owner had an outstanding warrant. A traffic stop was conducted and the driver/registered owner/suspect (47 year old AAM) was taken into custody. Heroin, scales, paraphernalia and an unknown white powdery substance were all located either on the suspect or in the vehicle. The suspect was arrested on his outstanding warrant and was also charged with multiple drug offenses.
11) NORTH/CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 7:56 p.m. Officers responded to meet with a victim (30 year old WF) who previously reported a sexual assault but did not provide details at the time of the report. On 12/15, the victim was approached by the suspect (41 year old AAM) who slapped her, pushed her and yelled at her about reporting him for the sexual assault. The victim fled from the suspect and contacted the police. There are charges pending for the suspect for battery and felony bail jumping at this time. Investigation continuing.
12) NORTH: Assist Law Enforcement/Monona PD – 9:57 p.m. MPD was requested by another law enforcement agency to locate a suspect (AAM in his 20s) in the 4500 block of N. Sherman Ave for flashing a handgun while driving on the Beltline. The address for the suspect was located but the suspect was not home.
**Priority only calls for the North, Central and East Districts from 11:43 p.m. to 12:25 a.m. due to calls for service.