From 5:30 a.m. on 12/18/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/19/2017, MPD received 346 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 9:51 a.m. Officers responded to a hotel in the 400 block of W. Johnson St regarding a subject (20 year old AM) pacing back and forth causing a disturbance. The subject was contacted and arrested for disorderly conduct after he was given a medical clearance by MFD.
2) NORTH: Death Investigation – 10:18 a.m. Officers responded to a residence on the north side of town for a deceased subject (48 year old WM). Evidence of drug use was present. Medical Examiner responded. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Weapons Offense – 4:11 p.m. An officer made contact with a juvenile (14 year old AAM) who had been previously identified as a subject engaged in retail thefts of airsoft guns. During the contact, the officer discovered that the juvenile was in possession of an airsoft gun. The weapon was confiscated and a misdemeanor citation was issued for possession of the airsoft gun. The juvenile's parents and school were plugged in for further discipline sanctions.
4) CENTRAL: Check Person – 6:15 p.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of S. Ingersoll St to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (49 year old WM). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital and voluntarily admitted. Officers also took the subject's cat to a local vet clinic where they offered to care for it while the subject received treatment.
5) EAST: Strong Arm Robbery – 7:52 p.m. Officers responded to a business in the 4100 block of Lien Rd where a suspect (AAM) entered the store with a mask on and demanded money. The suspect fled with cash. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Disturbance – 10:10 p.m. Officers responded to the 4700 block of Dutch Mill Rd for a disturbance. The victim (16 year old AAF) reported that her mother's boyfriend battered her. The suspect (29 year old AAM) fled the scene and was wanted by another law enforcement agency for a previous incident/disturbance with the juvenile's mother. The suspect was located by the other law enforcement agency and taken into custody. The suspect was charged by MPD with physical abuse to a child and intimidation of a victim.
7) EAST: Armed Robbery – 10:15 p.m. Officers responded to an armed robbery at a convenience store in the 1400 block of Pflaum Rd. Two suspects entered the store, one was armed with a handgun, and demanded money from the store clerk. The suspects fled with cash. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Theft from Auto – 11:16 p.m. Officers responded to the 3300 block of Milwaukee St for a report of a subject breaking into a vehicle. The suspect (55 year old WM) was located and had property from the vehicle on him. The suspect was arrested and charged with theft from a motor vehicle and a probation violation.
9) WEST: Check Person – 12:43 a.m. Officers responded to the 6700 block of Schroeder Rd to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (32 year old WM). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital and voluntarily admitted. Journey Mental Health consulted. The subject was left in the care of hospital staff.
10) SOUTH: Weapons Offense – 12:59 a.m. Officers responded to Kent Ln where two subjects had cut themselves. Officers contacted both subjects (25 year old WM and 22 year old WF) who both had significant cuts which were found to be self-inflicted. Both subjects were conveyed to a local hospital for treatment. Journey Mental Health consulted. Both subjects left in the care of hospital staff.