From 5:30 a.m. on 12/19/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/20/2017, MPD received 422 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 7:08 a.m. Officers responded to Treichel St for a disturbance between two subjects (42 year old WM suspect and 38 year old WM victim). Both of the subjects were intoxicated and the suspect struck the victim with a closed fist. The suspect fled the residence prior to MPD arrival. The suspect was later located and arrested for battery.
2) EAST: Disturbance – 7:51 a.m. Officers responded to the 4200 block of Lien Rd where a subject (38 year old AAM) was causing a disturbance at a business where he was previously employed. The subject was not on scene when officers arrived. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Check Person – 10:26 a.m. Officers responded to the 6700 block of Schroeder Rd to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (27 year old WF). The subject was transported to a local hospital for an evaluation. She was ultimately released to the care of a friend with a safety plan in place.
4) NORTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 2:41 p.m. Officers responded to Troy Dr to take a victim's (15 year old WF) sexual assault report by a known suspect (18 year old HM). Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 3:42 p.m. Officers responded to a hotel in the 4800 block of Hayes Rd for a subject (30 year old WM) having an overdose. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where he was admitted. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Sexual Assault of a Child – 4:10 p.m. Officers responded to Morraine View for what was originally reported as a disturbance between neighbors. The investigation revealed that a possible sexual assault occurred which involved two minor victims and a juvenile suspect. The victim's parent found out about the allegations and confronted the suspect/neighbor. Child Protective Services plugged in. Safety plan established. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Child Abuse – 4:37 p.m. Officers responded to the 6700 block of Raymond Rd for a child abuse report. An infant came home from daycare with injuries (bruise). The mother of the child reported that the injury may have been caused by the father's new girlfriend. The father of the child reports that the child had the bruise when picked up from daycare. Child Protective Services plugged in. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 4:52 p.m. Officers responded to the 300 block of W. Washington Ave for what was originally reported as a domestic disturbance. On scene, officers learned of a potential sexual assault. The victim (36 year old AAF) identified the suspect (32 year old AAM) who was contacted and arrested for 2nd degree sexual assault.
9) EAST: Child Neglect – 6:00 p.m. Officers responded to Pinewood Court where the caller reported that the father of her children (38 year old WM) was passed out when he was supposed to be caring for their children (ages 7 and 3). The father/suspect also failed to pick up their other child from school. The caller/mother found her two young children with their father at the residence where he was passed out. The mother left the residence with her children. Officers attempted to contact the suspect but were unsuccessful in reaching him. Child Protective Services notified. Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Detox Conveyance – 6:27 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence to check the welfare of a subject (31 year old WM) threatening suicide with a gun. A perimeter was established and phone contact with the subject was initiated. The subject eventually surrendered and was to detox owing to his high level of intoxication.
11) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 8:21 p.m. Officers responded to the 1700 block of Baird St for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (28 year old HM victim and 39 year old HF suspect). The suspect confronted her ex-boyfriend and attempted to cut him with a broken bottle. The suspect was arrested on several domestic-related charges.
12) EAST: Weapons Offense – 10:25 p.m. Officers responded to the area of Rockwell/Dempsey where multiple callers reported hearing shots fired. Area checked, no evidence of shots fired located. Additional canvassing will be needed during daylight hours. Investigation continuing.
13) NORTH: Armed Robbery – 10:28 p.m. Officers responded to a BP convenience store located at 4222 E. Washington Ave where two suspects (AAFs) robbed the store clerk at gunpoint. Suspects fled with cash. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
14) EAST: Child Abuse – 10:59 p.m. Officers responded to the 200 block of N. Frances St where a minor was battered by his mother who was intoxicated. The mother/suspect resisted arrested and was conveyed to a jail. Child Protective Services plugged in. The child was placed in the care of a family member after a medical clearance was completed for his injuries. Investigation continuing.
15) EAST: Armed Robbery – 11:34 p.m. Officers responded to the Microtel Hotel located at 2139 East Springs Dr where two suspects (AAMs) robbed the hotel clerk at gunpoint. The suspects fled with cash. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
**Priority only calls city-wide from 11:45 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. due to call volume and serious incidents occurring throughout the City. E. Washington closed down between 1st Street and Dickinson for railroad crossing arms going up and down between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.