From 5:30 a.m. on 12/29/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/30/2017, MPD received 304 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Sexual Assault – 5:52 a.m. MPD was called to 725 S. Gammon (Woodman's) reference a male that had grabbed the buttocks of a 35 year old HF. The 21 year old HM suspect was located and arrested for 4th degree sexual assault.
2) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 8:06 a.m. MPD was called to 2005 E. Washington Avenue reference a woman threatening someone with a knife. Upon arrival, multiple people were contacted with conflicting and inconsistent statements. Disorderly conduct citations were issued. Individuals were separated in order to prevent future escalation. Investigation continuing.
3) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 8:33 a.m. MPD and MFD were called to 232 E. Olin for what appeared to be an intoxicated male talking but hard to understand. MPD and MFD arrived and the subject's body temperature was very low. The 60 year old AAM was transported to a local hospital where his status quickly deteriorated and he expired. The medical examiner was notified. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Theft – 3:49 p.m. MPD was dispatched to a victim (20 year old WF) reporting that her phone had been stolen from the Culvers at 4301 East Towne Boulevard. Upon investigation, it is learned that the female met an AAM subject at the mall after talking on Instagram. From the mall, the two go to the Dollar Store and then to Culvers for "a change of scenery." Once at Culvers, the AAM subject asked the victim to use her phone. Once she handed him her phone, he ran. The victim does not know the suspect's name and cannot access her Instagram. Officers were able to get a screenshot of the suspect and positively identified him. The suspect (19 year old AAM) already has several outstanding charges and officers will attempt to arrest him.
5) EAST: Threats Complaint – 5:23 p.m. MPD was dispatched to contact Child Protective Services (CPS) reference a mandatory reporting of a suspect (29 year old AAM) who made homicidal statements to a member of their staff. Madison Police Department has had previous contact with the suspect, who recently turned over a firearm. When Madison Police Department made personal contact with the suspect, he denied making any statements to injure but shared strong anger and frustration about his situation. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Burglary Residential – 5:25 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 700 block of Odana Lane reference a cold scene residential burglary. Officers contacted the victim (75 year old WF) who reported leaving her residence on the 23rd and returning to find her back window removed from its pane. Victim stated that the window was just caulked in and was removed, but there is nothing missing from the residence. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 11:23 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital for a female who was being treated for injuries sustained from a domestic disturbance that occurred on 12/28/2017. The disturbance occurred on the afternoon of the 28th in the 5000 block of Old Middleton Road between a 36 year old AAF and 23 year old AAM. After investigation, probable cause was developed for a battery charge for the male, who could not be located at this time. Investigation continuing.
8) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 12:20 a.m. Officers responded to a report of a stolen vehicle in the 3700 block of East Washington Avenue. The owner of the vehicle pulled into Walgreens and went in for a quick purchase but left his vehicle running. When he came out minutes later, his vehicle was gone. Video is being obtained and the suspect appears to be a heavy-set AAM wearing blue jeans and a black hoodie, who may have come to the store on a bike. Investigation continuing.