From 5:30 a.m. on 01/04/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/05/2018, MPD received 368 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 5:27 a.m. Officers responded to the 4500 block of Verona Rd for a store employee/suspect who was caught stealing high-dollar amount items from the store. The suspect (33 year old AAM) was arrested for theft and a probation violation hold.
2) EAST: Assist Other Law Enforcement Agency – 5:56 a.m. Monona PD requested MPD to respond to assist with a 12-vehicle crash on the Beltline at Monona Drive. All westbound lanes were closed causing major traffic issues. MPD officers assisted with traffic control for a significant period of time.
3) NORTH: Death Investigation – 6:36 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence where a newspaper delivery driver observed newspapers and mail piling up at the residence for several days. A decision was made to force entry to check the welfare of the homeowner. The resident (68 year old WM) was found deceased. Nothing suspicious observed on scene. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
4) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 7:10 a.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of E. Washington Ave for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (18 year old AAF victim and 21 year old AAM suspect). The suspect was arrested for domestic battery.
5) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 8:59 a.m. Officers responded to the 800 block of W. Badger Rd to make contact with an individual who had an outstanding warrant. The suspect (36 year old WM) was located and conveyed to jail.
6) EAST: Found Property – 10:54 a.m. Officers responded to a hotel on Annamark Dr where a handgun was located in one of the rooms that had been vacated after New Year's Eve. The gun was taken for safekeeping. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Crash – 11:13 a.m. Officers responded to the 2000 block of Freeport Rd where a vehicle lost control and crashed into a building. The vehicle struck a gas line causing a leak. The driver (30 year old AAF) was cited for traffic violations and released.
8) EAST: Information – 12:23 p.m. Officers responded to the 4300 block of Commercial Ave where the caller reported a man with a gun. The caller advised that the man threatened to kill her. The caller also said the man was following her and her children. After approximately 45 minutes, it was determined that the caller had fabricated the entire story. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Bomb Threat – 2:29 p.m. Officers responded to a business in the 5100 block of West Terrace Dr for a bomb threat. A suspect (36 year old WF) was identified. She was located and conveyed to jail on bomb scare charges.
10) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 5:02 p.m. Officers responded to Troy Dr for a report of a stolen auto which was left unoccupied, running and unlocked. Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases.
11) EAST: Disturbance – 6:30 p.m. Officers responded to Picadilly Dr for a disturbance. The resident requested that the suspect (53 year old AAM) be removed from her residence as he was intoxicated, was chasing her 18 year old son with a hammer and had caused damage to her property. The suspect was ultimately arrested for bail jumping (3 counts), domestic stalking, domestic substantial battery and domestic disorderly conduct. The suspect also had an outstanding warrant for endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon while intoxicated.
12) EAST: Check Person – 6:31 p.m. Officers responded to check the welfare of a subject who was reportedly standing along Hwy 30 just before the I-90 exit not dressed appropriately for the weather. Multiple resources were devoted in an attempt to locate this individual – State Patrol, MFD ladder truck and thermal imaging equipment, MPD's Unmanned Aircraft System and MPD K9. No subject was located.
13) CENTRAL: Assist EMS/Fire – 7:57 p.m. Officers responded to the 200 block of Langdon St to assist EMS/Fire with an unconscious subject (25 year old WF). The caller advised dispatch that an unknown male (WM) was observed in the residence attempting to take the unconscious subject with him. When the caller advised the male she was contacting the police he fled. The unconscious subject was revived with Naloxone and transported to a local hospital for an evaluation. The subject does have a history of drug use and has pending warrants for failure to appear. The subject was transported to jail for her warrants, as well as new drug charges, once released from the hospital.
14) EAST: Safety Hazard – 8:31 p.m. Due to the cold temperatures, the concrete buckled in two lanes of the Beltine (eastbound) at South Stoughton Rd. Multiple vehicles and a tractor trailer suffered damage. Officers remained on scene for several hours as we provided assistance with traffic control and safety barriers for county highway workers while they made repairs.
15) CENTRAL: Residential Burglary – 8:36 p.m. Officers responded to North Frances St for a report from a victim (19 year old WF) of a residential burglary. The victim reported hearing her window screen being torn out and observed the suspect by her window. The suspect (29 year old HM) was contacted and arrested on charges of attempt to commit burglary, damage to property and disorderly conduct.
16) EAST: Strong Arm Robbery – 1:16 a.m. Officers responded to High Crossing Rd where a victim reported that he was grabbed by the throat and robbed. The victim was intoxicated and reported being in a vehicle to buy cocaine when a robbery occurred. The victim was uncooperative, refused to identify himself and declined to make a statement with officers. Investigation continuing.
17) SOUTH: Check Person – 1:31 a.m. Officers responded to Quinn Circle where the caller reported her granddaughter was missing. It was discovered that the parents had picked up the child earlier in the evening. The caller was somewhat disoriented and had been sleeping when the pick-up took place.