From 5:30 a.m. on 01/06/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/07/2018, MPD received 296 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Arrested Person/Domestic Disorderly Conduct – 2:16 a.m. MPD officers responded to Jeffy Trl regarding someone screaming and items being thrown out the window. The victim (28 year old WF) and the suspect (27 year old WM) have dated the last six years and live together. The suspect was arrested on domestic charges and transported to the jail.
2) EAST: Non-Residential Burglary – 5:05 a.m. MPD officers responded to Capitol Petro, 4905 Commercial Ave, reference a non-residential burglary. The business had been closed and sometime overnight an unknown suspect forced entry by smashing out a front window. While inside, the suspect stole a significant dollar amount's worth of cigarettes. Surveillance video will be accessed later today. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 5:54 a.m. MPD and MFD responded to Freemont Cir reference a 30 year old WM who was "possibly on something" and acting strangely. Upon arrival officers contacted the suspect who was agitated. The suspect admitted to injecting meth and taking an unknown pill. Treatment was administered by MFD to calm the subject down. The suspect was arrested on a probation hold and transported to the jail.
4) EAST: Sexual Assault Investigation – 9:55 a.m. MPD officers responded to the Motel 6, 4202 East Towne Blvd, regarding a sexual assault investigation. The victim (51 year old WF) alleged she was sexually assaulted overnight by a known suspect. The suspect (59 year old WM) denied the allegations. Both the victim and the suspect were transported to a local hospital for Forensic Nurse Exams. Investigation continuing.
5) CENTRAL: Drug Incident-Overdose – 10:52 a.m. MPD officers responded to the Madison Public Library, 201 W Mifflin St, regarding a person passed out on the floor in the men's bathroom. The person contacted was treated by MFD for a heroin overdose. The suspect is a 29 year old WM. He was arrested for possession of heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia, and bail jumping. After a medical clearance, the suspect was transported to jail. The heroin used by the suspect also tested positive for fentanyl.
6) WEST: Recovered/Stolen Auto – 6:05 p.m. MPD responded to the Walgreens parking lot, located at 7810 Mineral Point Rd, reference a stolen automobile in the lot. Upon arrival, officers located the vehicle and contacted a suspect attempting to enter into the truck of the vehicle with a key. This same individual is on court monitoring (bracelet) for operating a motor vehicle without owner's consent (OMVWOC) from a charge from 2017. The suspect (16 year old AAF) was arrested for a new OMVWOC charge and taken to JRC.
7) NORTH: Drug Incident-Overdose – 6:12 p.m. MPD and EMS were dispatched to the Red Roof Inn, 4830 Hayes Rd, reference a heroin overdose. The caller was reporting that her 17 year old WF friend had taken heroin and was overdosing in the hotel room. Upon arrival, the suspect was stabilized by MFD and subsequently taken to the hospital for a clearance. This individual will be referred for charges as she is not eligible for MARI.
8) EAST: Recovered/Stolen Auto – 6:27 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 2000 block of Vondron Rd reference a stolen auto out of Fitchburg. OnStar, the caller, was reporting that a stolen 2017 Chevy Malibu was parked in the area. The vehicle was listed as stolen out of Fitchburg. MPD arrived and located the vehicle unoccupied. Fitchburg was notified and responded.
9) WEST: Recovered/Stolen Auto – 7:15 p.m. The West Community Policing Team was doing proactive policing in the 4500 block of Verona Rd and came across a stolen automobile in the parking lot of the BP Gas Station at 4501 Verona Rd. Officers located the vehicle, which immediately left the lot. Officers did not pursue, but located the vehicle in the area of Danbury and Sheffield, unoccupied. One 16 year old AAM juvenile was detained in the area. Another 16 year old AAM was contacted near Harbor Freight and a foot pursuit ensues. After the chase, the suspect was detained by officers. Investigation ongoing.
10) WEST: Missing/Runaway Juvenile – 11:33 p.m. MPD was dispatched to Carling Dr for the report of a missing/runaway juvenile. The missing juvenile is a 17 year old HM. No identified mental health issues. An ATL was aired and the missing juvenile was entered into NCIC.
11) WEST: Recovered/Stolen Auto – 3:13 a.m. Wisconsin State Patrol recovered an unoccupied MPD stolen auto that appeared to have been involved in a crash. The vehicle was recovered on I-90 at High Crossing Blvd. WSP reported they attempted contact with owner. Vehicle towed to University Towing in McFarland, WI.
12) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 4:27a.m. MPD officers responded to an apartment complex in the 200 block of S Park Street for a death investigation. A 62 year old AAM was found deceased in his apartment by a friend. The decedent had been in hospice for the past six months. Nothing suspicious was detected. Hospice has been notified.