From 5:30 a.m. on 01/09/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/10/2018, MPD received 390 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) CENTRAL: Conveyance Mental Health – 8:44 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital regarding a suicidal subject (27 year old WM) who was in the process of being discharged. Journey Mental Health consulted and the subject was ultimately conveyed to Winnebago on an emergency detention order.
2) WEST: Disturbance – 8:57 a.m. Officers responded to Valley View Rd where a subject (16 year old WM with a traumatic brain injury) was out of control and destroying property. Officers and staff developed a safety plan for the juvenile. No other actions were found necessary by the police.
3) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 9:48 a.m. Officers responded to the 2000 block of LeLand Dr where the resident requested that a subject (18 year old AAF) be removed from her premises after she was causing a disturbance. The subject/suspect refused to leave the premises and when being placed under arrest for disorderly conduct she actively resisted officers attempts.
4) WEST: Conveyance Mental Health – 2:36 p.m. Officers responded to a disturbance in the roadway near the intersection of S. Franklin Ave/Ridge Rd. The caller reported that a female jumped onto the hood of her vehicle screaming for help. The officers arrived and located the subject (40 year old WF) who they have had prior contacts with. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where she was ultimately admitted on an emergency detention order.
5) WEST: Sex Offense Miscellaneous – 3:57 p.m. Officers responded to a report of nude photos being sent through a social media app of a juvenile by the same individual. The legal guardian was notified and is plugged in. Photos were observed and photographed by an investigator. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 4:39 p.m. Officers responded to the 2900 block of E. Washington Ave regarding a theft. The victim (82 year old WF) had her money and other possessions taken from her by the suspect (36 year old WF). The suspect had left the area prior to officers arriving on scene but was located and arrested on charges of theft, carrying a concealed weapon, possession of drug paraphernalia and a parole violation.
7) NORTH: Intoxicated Driver – 5:11 p.m. Officers responded to a two-vehicle crash near Anderson St/Wright St. The suspect driver (51 year old WF) was arrested for operating while intoxicated (2nd offense) causing injury. The victim driver (32 year old AM) was conveyed to a local hospital and admitted for his injuries.
8) WEST: Theft – 6:02 p.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of S. Whitney Way where the victim (45 year old WF) had her purse snatched by several young males. K9 track conducted. Two individuals were contacted; one subject (16 year old AAM) had a warrant and was conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center. The other juvenile was released at the scene. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Missing Adult – 6:07 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence where a subject (87 year old WF with Alzheimer's) walked away from her home and could not be located. Numerous officers and resources (K9, optical assistance devices, unmanned aircraft system requested) assisted with the search. The subject was located safe.
10) NORTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 8:08 p.m. Officers responded to School Rd/Wheeler Rd for reports of shots fired. Officers located some casings in the roadway. No obvious damage was located. Additional canvassing will need to be conducted during daylight hours. Investigation continuing.
11) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 8:28 p.m. Officers responded to the 200 block of E. Mifflin St for a report of a stolen vehicle that had been left running, unoccupied and unlocked. The vehicle was able to be tracked/located. A suspect (59 year old AAM) was taken into custody for operating a motor vehicle without consent (OMVWC).
12) EAST: Missing Adult – 8:30 p.m. Officers responded to a group home on the east side of Madison reference a missing adult (25 year old AAM with cognitive delays). Officers extensively searched the area. Attempt to locate aired. The subject was located safe.
13) SOUTH: Armed Robbery – 8:53 p.m. Officers responded to an armed robbery at Sadhana Wine Shop located at 36 S. Bassett St where a suspect (WM) displayed a handgun. The suspect fled on foot. K9 track conducted. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
14) WEST: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 9:35 p.m. Officers responded to Carnwood Rd for a report of shots fired. Several casings were located. No damage was identified. Additional canvassing will need to be conducting during daylight hours. Investigation continuing.
15) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 11:21 p.m. Officers responded to Chamberlain Ave for a disturbance between two subjects (30 year old WM victim and 29 year old WF suspect). The victim sustained injuries after the suspect threw a glass at him. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery.
16) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 11:55 p.m. Officers responded to a disturbance near McKenna Blvd/Raymond Rd. The investigation revealed that a victim (19 year old AAF) was battered by a suspect (AAF) at another location. A second suspect (19 year old AAF) decided to take the situation into her own hands and began chasing the first suspect in a vehicle and rammed the vehicle. The second suspect was arrested for reckless endangering safety. Several victims were identified; one of which had minor injuries. Investigation continuing.
17) EAST: Recovered/Stolen Outside Agency – 2:45 a.m. Officers responded to the 200 block of N. Thompson Dr regarding an occupied suspicious vehicle. The vehicle was confirmed to be reported stolen and had significant damage. Vehicle was returned to the registered owner.