From 5:30 a.m. on 01/24/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/25/2018, MPD received 407 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Sexual Assault - 8:02 a.m. Officers responded to a convenience store on E. Washington Ave for a report of a sexual assault by a victim (31 year old WF) by a suspect (42 year old AAM). After the investigation was conducted, the suspect was taken into custody on a charge of disorderly conduct. Investigation continuing.
2) WEST: Recovered Stolen Auto - 10:38 a.m. Officers responded to the 2300 block of Allied Drive where the caller confronted two juveniles about illegally parking a vehicle at the back of the residence. The juveniles stated the vehicle was not theirs and fled the area on foot. Officers responded and confirmed the vehicle was reported as stolen. Contact was attempted at the residence where the juveniles were seen running into, but no one answered the door. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Information - 10:38 a.m. Officers responded to the 1800 block of Northport Drive to check the welfare of a subject (29 year old AAF) after the father of their children reported being concerned about the subject's mental state of mind. The father reported having the children himself but giving them to the mother because he had to go to work. The father was concerned, however, about the mother showing signs of paranoia. Around this same time, the mother's grandmother contacted police to advise that the mother told her the children were not alive. Officers were able to quickly determine that the children were safe. A safety plan was put into place and an MPD Mental Health Officer was plugged in. Investigation continuing.
4) SOUTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 1:33 p.m. Officers responded to Sunny Meade Lane in an attempt to contact a subject (52 year old WM) for a probation/parole hold. The subject did not answer and concerns were present for the subject's welfare. Access to the residence was granted by a roommate where the subject was located down having a medical emergency (drug overdose evidence on scene). The subject was transported to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment.
5) NORTH: Found Property - 3:39 p.m. Officers responded to the 3200 block of E. Washington Ave where numerous abandoned laptops were located. The laptops were recovered and attempts to contact the owner(s) will take place. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Stolen Auto - 4:12 p.m. Officers responded to the 2300 block of Brentwood Parkway where a caller observed two juvenile male subjects in a stolen vehicle. The caller also advised that the driver had a handgun. As officers were arriving in the area, a crash was reported in the area involving the same stolen vehicle. The victim (45 year old WM) also reported seeing the driver with a handgun. Both occupants of the suspect vehicle fled on foot. K9 track conducted. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose - 4:49 p.m. Officers responded to Loreen Drive for a subject (32 year old WM) having an overdose. The subject admitted to ingesting heroin. Drug paraphernalia was observed on scene. The subject was issued a misdemeanor citation and referred to the Madison Area Recovery Initiative (MARI).
8) CENTRAL: Check Property - 5:11 p.m. Officers responded to a commercial building on East Campus Mall where a bomb threat was received by an employee. The building was evacuated and checked for any concerns. No concerns were located. No further action by the police was found necessary.
9) CENTRAL: Drug Incident Overdose - 8:11 p.m. Officers responded to Jenifer St for a suicidal subject (16 year old WF) who was unconscious. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where she became combative. The subject was admitted for medical observation and treatment. An MPD Mental Health Officer was plugged in.
10) CENTRAL: Check Person - 8:59 p.m. Officers responded to the area of E. Gorham St/Livingston for a check person call. The parents of a subject contacted police with concerns for their son (33 year old WM). The subject was located slumped over in his vehicle after having consumed numerous pills. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where he was admitted for evaluation/treatment. Journey Mental Health consulted. The subject was ultimately voluntarily admitted for care.
11) WEST: Check Property - 11:12 p.m. Officers responded to Julia Circle for a report of shots fired. No evidence of shots fired was located. The caller refused contact by the police.
12) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault - 11:27 p.m. Officers responded to assist Sun Prairie PD in an attempt to locate an open-line 911 call from a moving vehicle. The vehicle/occupants were located on E. Washington Ave. The caller/victim (39 year old WF) reported a sexual assault occurred with the suspect (52 year old AAM) in the vehicle. Both agreed to be interviewed. The victim did not want to submit to a medical evaluation. The victim asked for a ride home which was completed by officers. The suspect was cooperative with the investigation (interview/photographs/DNA sample). The suspect was ultimately released. No charges were substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.