From 5:30 a.m. on 02/11/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/12/2018, MPD received 281 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown.
**Limited Crash Response from 7a-10a due to road conditions/weather.
1) MIDTOWN: Death Investigation – 6:56 a.m. Officers responded to a subject (91 year old WM) who passed away at his residence. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified.
2) MIDTOWN: Check Person – 8:53 a.m. Officers responded to Park St for a subject (male) with injuries. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment for minor injuries. Nothing suspicious located. No further action by the police was found necessary.
3) MIDTOWN: Check Person – 10:20 a.m. Officers responded to the 5200 block of Regent St to check the welfare of a subject (46 year old HM) who was acting out, yelling incomprehensibly, and making statements about harming himself. The subject was contacted, taken into protective custody and conveyed to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation. Investigation continuing.
4) SOUTH: Theft – 3:11 p.m. Officers responded to meet with a victim (23 year old HM) who reported theft of a gaming system. The victim explained that he met the suspect (16-18 year old HM) who agreed to purchase his gaming system from him. The victim advised that he observed cash on the suspect as he was looking over the gaming system. The suspect then took off on foot with the gaming system without paying for it. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Intoxicated Driver – 5:12 p.m. Officers responded to the intersection of Eastpark Blvd and American Parkway reference a crash with injuries. The victim (25 year old WM) sustained minor injuries. The suspect driver (25 year old WM) was found to be intoxicated and arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (1st offense).
6) NORTH: Recovered Vehicle – 5:29 p.m. Officers responded to Morningstar Lane where a victim (58 year old WM) reported that his vehicle's rear license plate was stolen. The victim stated he observed another vehicle on his street without a rear license plate and he said he made contact with two teenagers (AAMs) near this vehicle who told him their license plate was also stolen. Officers arrived on scene and the two AAMs teenagers were no longer on scene. The vehicle that the victim observed with the missing license plate was still present and determined to be stolen. The registered owner was contacted and they recovered the vehicle. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 5:43 p.m. Officers responded to School Rd for a domestic disturbance among three subjects (38 year old HM victim, 11 year old HM victim and 35 year old HF suspect). A verbal argument started between the two adults initially. The suspect pushed the victim and their son tried to intervene. The suspect then slapped the minor in the face. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and physical abuse to a child. Child Protective Services notified.
8) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 8:33 p.m. An officer conducted a traffic stop on E. Washington Ave. A K9 was requested and alerted on the vehicle. Officers located suspected meth on the driver (30 year old WM). The suspect was arrested for drug paraphernalia, possession of meth, a parole violation and he was issued several traffic citations.
9) NORTH: Child Abuse – 9:26 p.m. Officers responded to Kennedy Heights for a family disturbance. The suspect (19 year old AAM) assaulted his sister (15 year old AAF) and fled prior to officers' arriving. There is probable cause for physical abuse for the child pending for the suspect once he is located.
10) MIDTOWN: Check Property – 1:43 a.m. Officers responded to Erin St for a report of three gunshots. Officers did not locate any evidence of shots fired. Additional canvassing of the area may be necessary during daylight hours. Investigation continuing.
11) MIDTOWN: Adult Arrested Person – 2:41 a.m. Officers responded to the 300 block of S. Park St for a disturbance between two subjects (44 year old AAF suspect and 58 year old AAM victim). The two subjects got into an argument about drugs and the suspect stabbed the victim in the hand with a scissors. The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment. The suspect was arrested for domestic substantial battery.