From 5:30 a.m. on 02/12/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/13/2018, MPD received 348 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown.
1) NORTH: Death Investigation – 7:55 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for a deceased subject (63 year old WF) who was found by her caretaker. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified.
2) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 9:15 a.m. Officers responded to North Star Dr for a disturbance. The suspect (17 year old WM) caused a disturbance and damaged his mother's residence (43 year old WF). The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property.
3) EAST: Disturbance – 11:40 a.m. Officers responded to a school regarding a student who had been assaulted by students from another school. The suspect(s) fled in a vehicle. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 3:35 p.m. Officers responded to Hoard St to check the welfare of a subject (26 year old AAM). The suspect was watching his niece and nephew. The mother of the children returned home to find herself locked out of the home. Entry was made to the residence and the suspect was found passed about from being intoxicated. An injury to one of the children was observed and conflicting stories were provided for how it was sustained. Child Protective Services notified. The suspect was conveyed to jail on a probation hold. Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Check Person – 3:45 p.m. Officers responded to S. Thompson Dr to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (51 year old WM). A safety plan was devised with the subject and his sister. A weapon was consensually taken from the home for temporary safekeeping. The subject was left in the care of his sister. No further action by the police was found necessary.
6) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 4:16 p.m. Officers responded to W. Gorham for a disturbance. The victim (23 year old AAM) reported being punched in the face by the suspect (32 year old AAM). The suspect made a threatening comment about having a knife on him, although one was not displayed. The suspect then fled prior to officers' arriving. Investigation continuing.
7) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 4:35 p.m. Officers responded to take a report from a victim (21 year old WF) about a sexual assault that occurred over the weekend while she was out drinking. Investigation continuing.
8) WEST: Weapons Offense – 9:03 p.m. Officers responded to a west side residential address to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (82 year old AM) who reportedly had a knife and was causing a disturbance with his wife. The subject did not comply with officer's instructions and was threatening to throw items at the officers. The subject was ultimately taken into custody. A determination was made that the behavior manifested was intentional and not attributable to mental health issues at this time. He was conveyed to jail on a resisting charge. Investigation continuing.
9) SOUTH: Residential Burglary – 9:49 p.m. Officers responded to Waunona Way for a residential burglary in progress. The suspect was not present when the officers arrived. A K9 track was completed and the suspect (35 year old WF) was located and identified as the suspect. She was arrested for a probation hold, residential burglary and criminal damage to property.
10) EAST: Missing Adult – 1:01 a.m. Officers responded to Camden Rd for a report of a missing adult (25 year old HF). Attempt to locate aired. The subject was entered as missing in the appropriate databases.
11) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 2:09 a.m. Officers responded to the 2400 block of S. Park St where a subject called asking for a ride. The officers made contact with the caller (47 year old AAM) when it was discovered he had an outstanding warrant. The subject was also found to have cocaine and drug paraphernalia on him. The suspect was conveyed to jail.