From 5:30 a.m. on 02/20/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/21/2018, MPD received 366 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown.
**Priority only calls West/Midtown from 4:16pm-6:45pm.
**Priority only calls continued West until 11:15pm.
1) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 10:00 a.m. Officers assisted Detectives with the arrest of a wanted subject (26 year old AAM). The suspect was wanted on a parole violation. Detectives also wanted to talk to him about several other crimes. The suspect was conveyed to jail.
2) MIDTOWN: Juvenile Arrest – 10:12 a.m. Officers contacted a wanted subject (15 year old AAM) at his school regarding a stolen vehicle incident from January. The juvenile suspect was arrested and conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center.
3) WEST: Odor Complaint/Assist MFD – 10:28 a.m. Officers assisted MFD in investigation noxious odors emanating from an apartment in the 7400 block of Timber Lake Trail (a multi-unit apartment complex). Subsequent investigation lead to a multi-agency callout for additional resources as well as a complete evacuation of the apartment building. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
4) SOUTH: Death Investigation – 12:33 p.m. Officers responded to a motel on the south side of town for a deceased subject (69 year old WM). The subject had a history of medical concerns. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Drug Incident/Overdose – 2:24 p.m. Officers responded to a parking lot in the 1800 block of Aberg Ave for a subject (30 year old WM) slumped over in a vehicle. A bystander started CPR before MPD/MFD arrived. MFD administered Naloxone to the subject which revived him. The subject was transported to a local hospital for treatment and cited for possession of heroin.
6) CENTRAL: Assist MFD/Fire Investigation – 2:34 p.m. Officers responded to assist MFD with a vehicle fire in the 100 block of E. Main St. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 3:18 p.m. Officers responded to a sexual assault report between two subjects (15 year old WF victim and 18 year old AAF suspect). Safety plan put into place. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 6:32 p.m. Officers responded to a domestic disturbance in the 2200 block of Winnebago St between two subjects (17 year old WF victim and 18 year old HF suspect). The victim reported driving with the suspect when they were involved in an argument. The victim stated the suspect attempted to take over the steering wheel from her as she was driving. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct, 2nd degree recklessly endangering safety and possession of drug paraphernalia.
9) EAST: Weapons Offense – 8:27 p.m. Officers responded to the mall for a report of a subject with a gun. Several individuals were contacted/interviewed. No weapons were located. No suspects were identified. No charges were substantiated. Investigation continuing.
10) SOUTH: Intoxicated Driver – 9:41 p.m. Officers responded to S. Park St/Beltline Hwy where a subject was pushing his disabled vehicle. The vehicle matched the description of a recent hit and run. The driver/suspect (55 year old HM) was found to be intoxicated. He was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (2nd offense). Investigation continuing.
11) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 3:09 a.m. Officers responded to the 200 block of N. Frances St for a report of a subject (20 year old HM) causing a disturbance at his girlfriend's/victim's (19 year old HF) mother's home. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property.