From 5:30 a.m. on 02/22/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/23/2018, MPD received 426 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown.
1) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 11:16 a.m. Officers responded to the 300 block of Wisconsin Avenue for a domestic disturbance. The suspect (20 year old AAF) got into a physical altercation with a male subject (22 year old AAM). The suspect was ultimately arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
2) EAST: Death Investigation – 11:40 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence to check the welfare of a subject (47 year old WM). The subject was found deceased. Multiple empty liquor/wine bottles were observed in the home. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Disturbance – 12:34 p.m. MPD Educational Resource Officer (ERO) was advised that a fight between students at East High School was occurring on the 4th Street side of the school. The fight was broken up and the various subjects involved left in various directions. Officers on-site to monitor the situation. Investigation continuing.
4) MIDTOWN: Armed Robbery – 12:50 p.m. Officers responded to the Associated Bank at 1720 Monroe St where a suspect (MRM) robbed the bank. The suspect implied that he had a weapon, although one was not seen. The suspect fled with cash. K9 track conducted. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Armed Robbery – 1:49 p.m. Officers responded to the U.S. Bank at 4602 East Towne Blvd where a suspect (AAM) robbed the bank. The suspect fled on foot with cash. K9 track conducted. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
6) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 3:20 p.m. Officers responded to the Probation/Parole (P&P) Office at the request of a P&P agent to take a subject/suspect (19 year old WM) into custody for violating his probation. The suspect was taken into custody and conveyed to the jail. Officers also assisted the P&P agent with making contact at the suspect's residence where they were allowed access into the home to retrieve a handgun. The handgun was recovered and property tagged as evidence.
7) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 3:35 p.m. Officers responded to a retail theft in progress at Shopko on Zeier Rd that involved three suspects. Officers arrived as the suspects were leaving the store. One adult suspect (21 year old AAF) was arrested for an outstanding retail theft warrant and an additional retail theft charge from today's incident. One juvenile suspect (13 year old AAM) fled but was apprehended. The juvenile was returned to his mother's residence and issued a municipal citation for resisting. A third subject fled and was not apprehended. Investigation continuing.
8) MIDTOWN: Juvenile Arrest – 3:55 p.m. Officers observed a wanted juvenile (13 year old AAM) in the area of Revival Ridge/Frida Kahlo Crest. Officers made contact with the juvenile and detained him. The juvenile threatened to physically harm the officers. The juvenile became physically violent and attempted to kick out the squad car windows. The juvenile was conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center where his behavior continued to escalate. The juvenile was charged with threats to law enforcement, disorderly conduct (2 counts) and retail theft.
9) SOUTH: Intoxicated Driver – 4:04 p.m. Officers responded to the Beltline/S. Park St where a vehicle crashed into a fence. Witnesses observed the vehicle slow down, speed up significantly, veer off the ramp and crash into a fence. The driver (25 year old WM) was found unconscious. MFD administered Naloxone to the driver/suspect which revived him. Heroin and drug paraphernalia were located in the vehicle. The suspect was not cooperative with officers. He was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (4th offense), operating after revocation, failure to have control, failure to install an ignition interlock device, bail jumping, possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.
10) EAST: Check Property – 4:33 p.m. An officer reported hearing gunfire or fireworks in the area of Milwaukee St/Rosemary Ave. Officers checked the area and did not find any evidence of shots fired/fireworks. No callers reported hearing anything.
11) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 12:56 a.m. Officers responded to Trailsway for a disturbance. The suspect (25 year old AAM) was visiting when he became belligerent and an argument started with the victim (45 year old AAF). The suspect pushed and assaulted the victim. The victim's daughter (19 year old AAF) attempted to intervene to help her mother and the suspect assaulted her. Both victims fled. The suspect was contacted and arrested for 2 counts of battery and 2 counts of disorderly conduct.
12) MIDTOWN: Adult Arrested Person – 1:13 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a subject (34 year old WM) had been brought in by EMS as he was not feeling well. The subject became unresponsive while at the hospital and Naloxone was administered by hospital staff. There was evidence to suggest the subject had used heroin so the police were called. Officers located heroin and paraphernalia on the subject. The subject was being admitted to the hospital so he was left with several citations for possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.
13) NORTH: Death Investigation – 2:54 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for a deceased subject (33 year old WM). Initial indicator of death is that this was a drug overdose. Medical Examiner's office responded. Autopsy scheduled. Investigation continuing.