From 5:30 a.m. on 02/28/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/01/2018, MPD received 399 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Priority only calls in the Central District from 1:32am-2:20am due to the call on Bedford St and the resources it required.
1) EAST: Suspicious Person – 5:57 a.m. Officers responded to the 3100 block of Webb Ave regarding a suspicious person (AAM) holding a knife. Officers checked the area and did not locate anyone matching the description/disturbances/etc. No other action by the police was found necessary.
2) MIDTOWN: Adult Arrested Person – 10:07 a.m. Officers responded to Memorial High School regarding a suspicious vehicle. Officers contacted the lone occupant/suspect (21 year old WM) in the vehicle. The suspect was found to be in possession of an air soft gun. The suspect had two outstanding warrants for which he was taken into custody for and conveyed to jail. Investigation continuing regarding why the suspect was at the school in possession of the air soft gun. Press release completed.
3) EAST: Weapons Offense – 10:56 a.m. Officers responded to a business on Marsh Rd where a suspect (32 year old WM) entered, grabbed a firearm and chambered a round. The suspect is an ex-employee of the business and fled in a vehicle. There were reports that the suspect was suicidal and threatening suicide by cop. The suspect was located on Watts Rd a short time later. The suspect fled on foot with a pistol. The Beltline was shut down for a short time during this incident. The suspect was taken into custody. A loaded firearm and a knife were located on the suspect. He was transported to detox due to being intoxicated. The suspect is facing charges of disorderly conduct while armed and felon in possession of a firearm. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Fraud/Obstructing – 3:20 p.m. Officers responded to Mineral Point Rd where a victim (32 year old WF) reported that her brother/suspect (33 year old WM) had stolen her credit cards and used them without her authorization. The suspect was contacted and he lied about his identity. He was conveyed to jail for fraudulent use of a credit card and obstructing.
5) NORTH: Mental Health Conveyance – 3:36 p.m. Officers made contact with a subject (54 year old WM) that was involved in a disturbance on the previous night. The subject has mental health issues. The subject was taken into protective custody and an emergency detention was sought. The subject was conveyed to Winnebago by two MPD officers on third detail.
6) WEST: Death Investigation – 4:16 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a pulseless non-breathing subject (68 year old WM). Lifesaving measures were not successful. Nothing suspicious on scene. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 5:50 p.m. Officers responded to Brandie Ln for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (48 year old WF victim and her 42 year old WM husband/suspect). The suspect physically assaulted the victim and threatened her with a knife. The suspect was not on scene when officers arrived but he returned to the residence where officers took him into custody. The suspect was charged with domestic disorderly conduct and a probation hold.
8) WEST: Intoxicated Driver – 7:34 p.m. Officers responded to a single vehicle crash in the 7300 block of Mineral Point Rd. The driver/suspect (23 year old WM) was subsequently arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
9) WEST: Threats Complaint – 8:01 p.m. Officers responded to a social media threat from a 17 year old WM about vague threats to a school in Michigan. Authorities in Michigan were contacted. Subsequent follow-up was made by MPD with a local 17 year old and his parents. Investigation continuing. MMSD authorities notified and are working with MPD.
10) EAST: Weapons Offense – 9:59 p.m. Officers responded to Quarry Park Rd where a subject was shot (weapon accidently discharged). There was no indication of any sort of disturbance. All signs pointed to this being an accident. The victim (31 year old AAM) sustained non-life threatening injuries. No charges have been substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.
11) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 1:55 a.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of S. Bedford St in an attempt to apprehend two wanted suspects (23 year old WM and 25 year old WM). It was reported that one of the suspects had access to numerous firearms and other weapons in his home. It was also reported that the suspect was intoxicated. A plan was put into place and ultimately the 23 year old WM suspect was contacted and arrested. Investigation continuing regarding the second suspect.
12) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 2:20 a.m. Officers responded to Cypress Way for a domestic disturbance. Officers arrived and observed a subject (later identified as the victim, 26 year old HF) holding the apartment door closed from the outside. The victim was covered in blood. The door opened suddenly and a subject (later identified as the suspect, 23 year old HM) emerged with a knife. The suspect is taken into custody. The victim reported that the suspect punched her, pulled her hair, ripped out of hair, strangled her, slammed her head and threatened to kill her. The suspect was charged with false imprisonment, battery, strangulation, criminal damage to property and domestic disorderly conduct. Investigation continuing.