From 5:30 a.m. on 03/29/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 03/30/2018, MPD received 392 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
1) EAST: Hit and Run Crash – 4:26 a.m. Officers responded to the Beltline (WB) regarding a vehicle that crashed into the concrete median. The caller also reported that they observed someone running from the vehicle. Officers located the subject matching the description. The subject/suspect (21-year-old AAM) was acting suspicious upon making contact with him as he began to record the contact with officers on social media live as officers were trying to determine what occurred. The suspect became resistive and fled on foot. The suspect was apprehended and placed into custody. He was arrested for resisting/obstructing, a probation violation and (pending testing) possession of ecstasy. Investigation continuing.
2) SOUTH: Juvenile Arrest – 8:18 a.m. Officers responded to the area of Bram/Baird regarding a juvenile who was attempting to get into vehicles. The juvenile suspect (13-year-old AAM) was identified to be a listed runaway and suspect in a Fitchburg car theft incident. A perimeter was set up in the area. The suspect fled on foot and attempted to climb a fence when he was apprehended and arrested. The suspect was conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center as a listed runaway and suspect in OMVWOC – operating a motor vehicle without consent.
3) EAST: Crash with Injuries – 9:40 a.m. Officers responded to Acewood Blvd for a rollover crash. The driver (87-year-old WF) struck an occupied parked vehicle which caused her vehicle to roll-over. There were no injuries to the occupant of the parked vehicle. The driver, of the vehicle that rolled, sustained minor injuries which were treated on scene by EMS. Investigation continuing.
4) MIDTOWN: Death Investigation – 1:16 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a child (20-month-old) suffering from a medical emergency. Lifesaving measures were not successful. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 6:31 p.m. Officers responded to Atwood Ave for a disturbance between the suspect (17-year-old HF) and her parents. The suspect physically assaulted her father and threw food at her mother. The suspect was arrested for domestic related charges of disorderly conduct (two counts) and bail jumping.
6) NORTH: Death Investigation – 6:34 p.m. Officers responded to a north side residence reference a 15-year-old WF who passed away unexpectedly. Lifesaving measures were not successful. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.
7) SOUTH: Check Person – 6:46 p.m. Officers responded to Frazier Ave where the caller stated she no longer wanted her children and then disconnected. A family member responded as well to take temporary custody of the children. Child Protective Services notified. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Mental Health Conveyance – 10:06 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence to assist parents with their 20-year-old autistic son (WM) who was acting out. Officers assisted in calming the subject down and ultimately conveyed him to a local hospital where he was voluntarily admitted. Journey Mental Health consulted. The subject was left in the care of his family and medical staff.
9) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 2:10 a.m. An officer observed a subject/suspect (20-year-old WM) and a second subject/suspect (unknown) physically assault an unidentified victim on Lake St/University Ave and then flee on foot. The 20-year-old suspect was apprehended and arrested for disorderly conduct, resisting, underage alcohol consumption and possession of fake identification. Investigation continuing.
10) NORTH: Death Investigation – 3:05 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence regarding a subject (30-year-old WF) who passed away. Initial investigation shows this death was due to a drug overdose. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.