From 5:30 a.m. on 04/01/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 04/02/2018, MPD received 204 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
**Priority calls city-wide from 6:20am-8:21am due to the homicide call.
**Priority calls East and North from 6:15am-12pm due to the homicide call.
1) NORTH: Crash with Injuries – 3:46 a.m. Officers responded to the area of N. Stoughton Rd/Anderson St for a crash. A driver (54-year-old WF) was driving southbound in the northbound lanes when she collided head on with a vehicle which was occupied by two individuals (24-year-old WM and 25-year-old WF). The three subjects all sustained injuries and were transported to a local hospital. Initial indicator of cause of crash is that the 54-year old WF driver suffered a medical emergency. Investigation continuing. * This was a late call that did not make the previous 24-hour cycle call notes due to officers being involved at the scene and reports from the field were not yet typed.
2) EAST: Homicide – 6:08 a.m. Officers responded to Meadowlark Dr for a report of people down with gunshot wounds. Two individuals (58-year-old WM and 33-yaer-old WM) were found with gunshot wounds. Officers and MFD rendered aid. Both individuals were transported to a local hospital where they were pronounced deceased. This incident has the telltale signs of a murder-suicide. Press release completed. Press conference conducted. Investigation continuing.
3) SOUTH: Mental Health Conveyance – 6:40 a.m. Officers responded to a local hospital to transport of a subject (38-year-old AAF) to Winnebago on a Chapter 51 return.
4) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 9:58 a.m. Officers responded to Vera Court for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (31-year-old AAM victim and 33-year-old AAF suspect). The couple had a verbal argument which turned physical, where the suspect scratched the victim leaving marks. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
5) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 11:48 a.m. Officers responded to S. Thompson Dr regarding a disturbance between two subjects (26-year-old WF victim and 33-year-old WM suspect). The two subjects have a child together and got into a verbal argument. The victim called the police as she was concerned that the suspect was going to physically assault her. During the course of the investigation, it was reported that the suspect had recently pushed his 6-year-old daughter. There were no injuries observed on the child and charges were not substantiated at this time. Child Protective Services was notified for initiating an investigation. A restraining order was found to be active between the parents. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct, violation of a restraining order and a probation hold.
6) EAST: Stolen Auto – 1:39 p.m. Officers responded to Swanton Rd/N. Thompson Dr for a report of a stolen vehicle that was left unoccupied with the keys inside. Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases.
7) WEST: Trespass – 4:50 p.m. Officers responded to Middleton St after a caller reported an unknown subject (51-year-old WF) inside of his home, on his couch watching TV. The subject/suspect was contacted and she was found to be intoxicated. The suspect had no explanation of why she was in the caller's residence. The suspect was arrested for trespassing.
8) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 6:30 p.m. Officers responded to Flower Lane for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (26-year-old AAF victim and 26-year-old AAM suspect). The victim had visible injuries. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery and domestic criminal damage to property.
9) MIDTOWN: Traffic Incident – 6:45 p.m. A vehicle passed an officer going approximately 75-80mph on the Beltline. A traffic stop was attempted. The vehicle did not initially stop but instead stopped for several red lights and waited the full cycle until it turned green when the driver took off again. Eventually, the driver pulled over. The driver (52-year-old HF) and her passenger (56-year-old HF) did not have valid driver's licenses. The driver was issued traffic citations and the officer provided both the driver/passenger a ride.
10) EAST: Check Property – 7:23 p.m. Officers responded to the area of Brandie Road where a caller reported hearing shots fired. Area checked. No evidence of shots fired located. Additional canvassing will take place during daylight hours.
11) NORTH: Stolen Auto – 9:39 p.m. Officers responded to several calls regarding incidents occurring between multiple subjects (two victims – 40-year-old AAF and 19-year-old AAF and one suspect – 20-year-old AAM). Eventually, probable cause was developed for the 20-year-old AAM on charges of operating a motor vehicle without consent (OMVWOC), disorderly conduct and a probation violation. Suspect is at large. Investigation continuing.
12) EAST: Alarm – 10:01 p.m. Officers responded to LaFollette HS regarding an interior motion alarm. A WM was observed from a distance inside of the building. A clear of the building was conducted, along with a K9 search. No suspect(s) were located. Investigation continuing.
13) SOUTH: Assist Police – 11:44 p.m. Officers responded to assist Fitchburg PD with a stabbing on Post Rd. MPD assisted with perimeter duties. Fitchburg PD has the lead on this investigation.