The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 5:30 a.m. on 04/29/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 04/30/2018, MPD received 318 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
1) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 5:06 a.m. Officers responded to the 1400 block of McKenna Blvd for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (56-year-old AAM victim and 26-year-old AAF suspect). The victim and suspect are father/daughter. The suspect was upset and destroyed some of her father's property. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property. * This was a late call that did not make the previous 24-hour cycle call notes due to officers being involved at the scene and reports from the field were not yet typed.
2) WEST: Assist EMS/Fire – 11:44 a.m. Officers responded, along with EMS, to Struck St for a subject (65-year-old WM) who collapsed. The subject regained a pulse, after lifesaving measures were administered. The subject was conveyed to the hospital. The subject was left in the care of medical staff. The subject suffered a medical emergency.
3) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 12:09 p.m. Officers responded to Northport Dr for a domestic disturbance that initially involved two subjects (18-year-old AAM and 20-year-old AAF). The two subjects were involved in a verbal argument that turned physical. As this was occurring, the mother of the male subject called 911. The male subject slapped the phone out of his mother's hands which disconnected the call. Both the male subject and female subject were arrested. The male was charged with domestic disorderly conduct and intimidation of a victim. The female was charged with domestic disorderly conduct and bail jumping.
4) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 2:41 p.m. Officers responded to Moorland Rd for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (22-year-old AAM victim and 19-year-old AAF suspect). The two subjects were involved in a verbal altercation on Saturday where the police were called. The subjects were separated and no additional police action was not found necessary. During Sunday's incident, the victim attempted to leave in his vehicle but the victim argued that she paid for the vehicle (vehicle registered to both victim and suspect). The suspect caused damage to the vehicle in an attempt to keep the victim from leaving in the vehicle. The suspect jumped onto the hood of the vehicle as well. The suspect threatened to harm the victim. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
5) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 3:11 p.m. Officers responded to N. Lake St/State St where a victim (45-year-old AAM) reported that a male threatened him with a knife. The suspect was not known to the victim. The suspect was not on scene initially but was located by officers and identified (28-year-old WM). The suspect was found to be in possession of a knife. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct while armed.
6) CENTRAL: Check Person – 4:27 p.m. Officers responded to the area of Williamson St/Cantwell Ct where a caller (12-year-old WM) reported a suspicious vehicle/occupants. Officers checked the area and did not locate anything suspicious.
7) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 5:09 p.m. Officers responded to a domestic disturbance on Fredericksburg Lane between two subjects (59-year-old WM victim and 36-year-old WM suspect). The victim/suspect are father/son. The victim punched his father in the face causing a black eye and a facial laceration. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and domestic battery.
8) EAST: Check Person – 5:44 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence to check the welfare of a subject (47-year-old WF). The subject had called the police stating she armed herself with a gun due to seeing people wearing bird masks in her hallway who were attempting to open her door. The subject was contacted and found to be having hallucinations. Several weapons were turned over to officers from the home for temporary safekeeping. Family members of the subject were plugged in. A safety plan was developed. No further action by the police was deemed necessary.
9) CENTRAL: Drug Incident Overdose – 6:10 p.m. Officers responded, along with EMS, to King St for a subject (60-year-old WM) having an overdose. The subject was revived with Naloxone and conveyed to a local hospital. The subject will be conveyed to jail after given a medical clearance for possession of heroin, bail jumping and a parole violation.
10) MIDTOWN: Adult Arrested Person – 6:21 p.m. Officers responded to Whitcomb Dr for a report of an intoxicated suicidal subject (26-year-old WM) who was armed with a knife. Phone contact was made with the subject who denied being suicidal or armed with a knife. Officers made contact with the subject and his mother where they learned a verbal argument occurred between the two. Charges were developed for the suspect and he was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct while armed.
11) CENTRAL: Weapons Offense – 7:00 p.m. Officers responded to the area of W. Johnson St/N. Lake St for a report of individuals being struck by paintballs fired from a vehicle that was occupied by several subjects. One victim was hit in the head with a paintball projectile. The suspect vehicle was located and stopped. One subject/suspect (21-year-old WM was arrested for second degree recklessly endangering safety. Three other subjects/suspects (all WMs ages 20, 17 & 16) were cited and released for city ordinance violations pertaining to paintball gun possession. Three of the paintball guns looked exactly like AR15 rifles except for the C02 canisters.
12) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 4:22 a.m. Officers responded to Kings Mill Circle for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (29-year-old WM victim and 30-year-old WF suspect). The suspect damaged property in the residence. The suspect physically assaulted the victim. The suspect was not on scene when officers arrived. There are charges pending for the suspect once she is located for domestic criminal damage to property, domestic battery and domestic disorderly conduct. Investigation continuing.