The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 5:30 a.m. on 04/30/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 05/01/2018, MPD received 474 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
1) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 9:25 a.m. Officers responded to the courthouse on S. Hamilton St for a subject (38-year-old AAM) who was present and had outstanding warrants. The subject/suspect was located and taken into custody on outstanding warrants (possession with intent to deliver cocaine, felon in possession of a firearm, vehicle theft, bail jumping (5 counts) and violation of a restraining order). The suspect was conveyed to jail.
2) CENTRAL: Child Abuse – 9:58 a.m. Officers responded to the 600 block of E. Washington Ave where a mother/suspect (31-year-old AAF) was observed hitting her son (10-year-old AAM). The suspect was arrested for physical abuse of a child and disorderly conduct. Child Protective Services contacted and took temporary custody of the child. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: PNB/AED Response – 11:11 a.m. Officers responded, along with EMS, to Adderbury Ln for a subject (53-year-old AAF) unconscious. The subject regained consciousness and she was transported to a local hospital. Initial indicator is that the subject overdosed on medication and alcohol. The subject was left in the care of medical staff. Investigation continuing.
4) MIDTOWN: Intoxicated Driver – 12:21 p.m. An officer came upon a vehicle that had crashed into a street sign near the intersection of S. Park St/Delaplaine Ct. The officer made contact with the driver/suspect (32-year-old NAM) and detected a strong odor of intoxicants emanating from the driver who was passed out. The suspect was not cooperative. The suspect was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (4th offense) and conveyed to jail.
5) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 1:52 p.m. Officers responded to Hammersley Rd for a report of a disturbance between two subjects (30-year-old AAF victim and 31-year-old AAM suspect). The couple denied any physical altercation occurred. Passers-by/caller indicated they observed the suspect shove his way into the residence. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
6) MIDTOWN: Information – 3:09 p.m. Officers responded to meet with a subject/victim (14-year-old WF) who reported a sexual assault that occurred in March in Middleton. The suspect is known to the victim and identified as a 16-year-old WM. Middleton PD plugged in. Investigation continuing.
7) MIDTOWN: Adult Arrested Person – 4:15 p.m. Officers responded to Atticus Way for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (20-year-old HF victim and 23-year-old HM suspect). The suspect put his hands around the victim's neck and held her against a wall causing injuries. The victim had visible injuries. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery.
8) SOUTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 4:35 p.m. Officers responded to Waunona Woods Ct for a report of a missing/runaway juvenile (16-year-old AAF). Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
9) SOUTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 5:54 p.m. Officers located a subject down in the 1800 block of S. Park St. The subject was unresponsive and had no pulse. MPD administered Naloxone to the subject (60-year-old WM) which revived him. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment. No charges were able to be substantiated. The subject was left in the care of medical staff. Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Assist EMS/Fire – 6:05 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence to assist EMS with a combative subject (94-year-old WM). The subject was conveyed to a local hospital. The subject was left in the care of medical staff.
11) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 6:53 p.m. Officers responded to the 6000 block of Raymond Rd for a subject violating a restraining order. Contact was made with the subject/suspect (49-year-old WM). The suspect was arrested for violation of a restraining order and he was conveyed to jail.
12) EAST: Check Person – 7:37 p.m. Officers responded to the 1700 block of Thierer Rd for a report of a female who reported she was being chased by a subject with a gun. Attempts were made to contact the female, including pinging her cell phone. Contact with the female was unsuccessful. Investigation continuing.
13) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 7:40 p.m. An officer observed a possible drug transaction and a subsequent traffic violation, thus a traffic stop was conducted in the 700 block of S. Gammon Rd. The two occupants gave consent for the officer to search the vehicle. Heroin was located on one of the subjects (28-year-old WM) who was arrested for possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia. The other occupant/suspect (24-year-old WF) was charged with delivery of heroin.
14) NORTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 8:03 p.m. Officers responded to the Trailsway/Calypso area for a report of shots fired. No evidence of shots fired located. Investigation continuing.
15) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 10:51 p.m. Officers responded to Straubel St for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (30-year-old AAF victim and 33-year-old AAM suspect). The suspect damaged both of the victim's vehicles. The suspect fled prior to officers arriving on scene. Once located, there are charges pending for domestic disorderly conduct and domestic criminal damage to property. Investigation continuing.
16) CENTRAL: Trespass – 10:52 p.m. Officers responded to a construction site on E. Washington Ave where it was reported that several subjects entered the premises. Two suspects (21-year-old WF and 22-year-old WM) were apprehended. Both suspects were cited for trespassing and released.
17) EAST: Check Person – 11:09 p.m. Officers responded to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (16-year-old NAM). Multiple areas checked for the subject. A K9 search was conducted. MPD's Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) was utilized. The subject was located, brought home and a safety plan was established.
18) EAST: Death Investigation – 12:38 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a pulseless non-breathing subject (62-year-old WM). Lifesaving measures were not successful. Nothing suspicious observed on scene. The decedent had health issues. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.