The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 5:00 a.m. on 06/21/2018 through 5:00 a.m. on 06/22/2018, MPD received 473 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 473 calls for service for the past 24-hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (98), East (83), Midtown (70), North (66), South (45), West (80), and Other (31). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
**Priority only calls from 11:42pm-12:47am due to calls for service.
1) WEST: Weapons Offense – 3:33 a.m. Fitchburg PD responded to a report of a stabbing. The incident was determined to have taken place in the City on Raymond Rd. The victim (29-year-old AAM) was contacted at the hospital. The victim reported being jumped/stabbed by two males. The victim received stitches and was released from the hospital. The potential scene of where the stabbing took place was canvassed with no cooperation gained at the residence. Investigation continuing. * This was a late call that did not make the previous 24-hour cycle call notes due to officers being involved at the scene and reports from the field were not yet typed.
2) CENTRAL: Aggravated/Substantial Battery – 6:15 a.m. Officers responded to E. Washington Ave for a disturbance. The victim (37-year-old WF) and suspect (28-year-old AAM) are homeless and staying in an abandoned building. The victim and suspect got into a verbal argument which turned physical. The suspect strangled the victim and took her phone away from her. The victim was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. The suspect was not on scene but was contacted via phone. The suspect was not cooperative and refused to meet with officers. Once located, the suspect will be charged with multiple domestic-related crimes. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Check Person – 6:28 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence for a subject down in the backyard of a residence (unknown to the homeowners/residents). The subject (35-year-old MEM) was found to be intoxicated and with fresh injuries. The subject was taken into protective custody and conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. Journey Mental Health consulted. Investigation continuing.
4) CENTRAL: Information/Sexual Assault Report – 11:05 a.m. A victim (19-year-old WF) came into the Central Police District to report that she was sexually assaulted earlier in the week. The victim could not recall a lot of details. The suspect was known to the victim. Investigation continuing.
5) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 11:58 a.m. Officers responded to the area of Gladstone Dr/Muir Field Rd for a report of a female subject checking car doors. Officers made contact with the suspect (21-year-old WF) who was found to be in possession of stolen items. When officers went to place the suspect into custody she attempted to flee. The suspect was apprehended, arrested and conveyed to jail on charges of receiving stolen property and resisting.
6) EAST: Mental Health Conveyance – 1:21 p.m. Officers responded to an east side address to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (39-year-old WF). The subject was taken into protective custody and conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. Upon arrival, the subject was determined to be quite intoxicated, so she was subsequently taken to detox. Two firearms were removed temporarily from the subject's home for safekeeping. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Missing/Runaway Juvenile – 4:58 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a missing/runaway juvenile (15-year-old AAF). Attempt to locate aired. Photo disseminated. The juvenile was recognized on a bus by a Metro bus driver. Officers retrieved the juvenile and returned her home.
8) EAST: Attempted Burglary – 5:41 p.m. Officers responded to an east side address where the caller observed a suspect (AAM) in his brother's backyard carrying a floor jack that belongs to the caller's brother. The caller confronted the suspect who dropped the floor jack and fled in a vehicle with another subject (AAF). The victim's garage was found to have been left open. Suspects are at-large. Officers talked with residents about keeping their garages closed/locked. Investigation continuing.
9) WEST: Juvenile Arrest – 6:37 p.m. Officers came upon a battery at Meadowood Park between two subjects (11-year-old AAF victim and 12-year-old AAM suspect). The suspect wanted the victim's scooter and when she would not give it to him the suspect punched the victim and kicked her several times. The suspect attempted to flee but was apprehended by officers. The victim sustained a swollen lip. The victim received medical attention from EMS on site. The suspect was conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center for battery. Investigation continuing.
10) CENTRAL: Assist EMS/Fire – 7:54 p.m. Officers responded to assist EMS/Fire with a subject in need of medical attention. Officers assisted MFD in providing emergency medical aid. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital in serious condition. Investigation continuing.
11) MIDTOWN: Missing Adult – 7:59 p.m. Officers received a request to check the welfare of a subject (20-year-old WM) who had not been heard from in a week by his family (but it was learned that others have heard from him more recently). Attempt to locate aired. The subject was later located and conveyed to a local hospital voluntarily. Journey Mental Health consulted. A safety plan was developed and the subject was released to a friend.
12) NORTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 10:10 p.m. Officers responded to the 1800 block of Northport Dr for a report of shots fired. Officers arrived and found damage to a building (from what appears to have been a car crash) and several firearm casings. A vehicle, identified as being involved, was located. Two subjects, also found to be involved, were located. Both subjects report being randomly targeted (chased and shot at) by another vehicle. The driver/victim (21-year-old AAM) sustained a minor injury during the incident (not from gunfire). Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
13) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 12:07 a.m. Officers responded to John Q. Hammonds Dr and met a victim (28-year-old AAF) who reported that she was not being allowed into her hotel room by the suspect (30-year-old AAM). The suspect was contacted and he advised that he has a no-contact order in place between himself and the victim. During the course of the investigation, the victim reported being battered by the suspect the previous night. The victim had visible injuries. The suspect was arrested and conveyed to jail for violating the no-contact order and felony bail jumping (2 counts). The investigation continued and the victim reported a sexual assault also occurred with the suspect. Additional probable cause was developed and the suspect was charged with 2nd degree sexual assault, false imprisonment, battery and strangulation (all domestic-related charges). Investigation continuing.
14) MIDTOWN: Death Investigation – 2:32 a.m. Officers responded to a call of a deceased subject (60-year-old WM). Evidence of drug use present. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
15) WEST: Information/Disturbance – 5:06 a.m. Officers responded to the 2000 block of Leland Dr regarding an injured subject/victim (32-year-old WM). The victim was conveyed to a local hospital. Initial investigation revealed that the victim was involved in a dispute with another male subject/suspect (31-year-old WM). Officers are actively working this call. Press conference on scene conducted. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.