The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 09/25/2018 through 6:00 a.m. on 09/26/2018, MPD received 505 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 505 calls for service for the past 24-hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (92), East (70), Midtown (85), North (73), South (56), West (70), and Other (59). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
**Priority calls only (West, Midtown and South Districts) at 5:39pm. All districts went to priority only calls at 6:01pm until 8:05pm (Midtown and West Districts remained on priority calls however until 10:39pm). All districts back to regular calls for service as of 10:39pm.
1) MIDTOWN: Adult Arrested Person – 10:48 a.m. Officers responded to the 700 block of W. Main St to check the welfare of a subject (43-year-old WM). The subject was intoxicated and made suicidal statements. The subject was evaluated and subsequently arrested for bail jumping (out on bail for 4th offense operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated).
2) NORTH: Check Person – 12:22 p.m. Officers responded to a north side residence to check the welfare of a suicidal subject (55-year-old WF). The subject was taken into protective custody and conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation. Investigation continuing.
3) MIDTOWN: Crash/Recovered Stolen Vehicle – 1:21 p.m. Officers responded to S. Gammon Rd/Mineral Point Rd for a crash involving two vehicles. The occupants (3 AAMs juveniles) in the suspect vehicle fled from the scene after the vehicle they were operating blew a red light and t-boned a mini-van. The vehicle that the juveniles were in was reported as stolen. Incident Report on MPD's website completed. Investigation continuing.
4) EAST: Intoxicated Driver – 1:26 p.m. Officers responded to a liquor store on East Towne Blvd where a driver/suspect (64-year-old WM) drove his vehicle into the building (the vehicle was stuck in drive per the driver). The suspect failed field sobriety testing. He was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. No injuries reported.
5) MIDTOWN: Mental Health Conveyance – 3:33 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a patient (26-year-old WF) went into "crisis mode" and physically assaulted staff. Journey Mental Health plugged in. The subject was conveyed to Winnebago by MPD under an emergency detention order.
6) WEST: Check Person – 3:44 p.m. Officers responded to John Q. Hammons Dr for a report of a suspicious person (45-year-old WM). The subject was not on scene when officers arrived. Investigation led to police contacting the subject over the phone and advising him that he is banned from the property. No charges have been substantiated at this time. No further action by the police deemed necessary.
7) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 3:58 p.m. Officers responded to a south side residence for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (27-year-old AAF victim and 27-year-old AAM suspect). The subjects are married and were involved in a verbal argument that escalated. The victim reported that the suspect grabbed her by the neck. After the investigation was completed the suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
8) MIDTOWN: Check Person – 4:23 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital where a subject/suspect (44-year-old WF, previously assessed at the hospital) was causing a disturbance (yelling/screaming, undressing in the parking lot, etc.). Officers made contact with the suspect and subsequently arrested her for disorderly conduct, trespassing to a medical facility and felony bail jumping.
9) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 4:25 p.m. Officers responded to a south side residence for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (22-year-old AAF victim and 21-year-old AAM suspect). The subjects reside together and have children-in-common. The subjects engaged in an argument the day prior which led to the suspect being "kicked out" of the residence by the victim. The following day the suspect returned to the residence which led to the victim fleeing and the suspect chasing her. A witness observed the suspect grab the victim by the back of her neck. The victim made statements that she was battered and assaulted but there was no physical evidence/witness statements to corroborate this. The suspect was arrested and charged with domestic disorderly conduct.
10) WEST: Fraud/Identify Theft – 4:32 p.m. Officers responded to West Towne Way for a theft complaint. The two suspects (34-year-old AAF and 29-year-old WF) attempted to use a credit card at a store but it was declined. The suspects moved on to another store to attempt another purchase at which point store employees contacted dispatch. The suspects were contacted, arrested and charged with identify theft. Investigation continuing.
11) CENTRAL: Sexual Assault – 6:14 p.m. Officers met with a victim (23-year-old AAF) who reported being sexually assaulted by a known suspect (27-year-old AAM). Investigation continuing.
12) MIDTOWN: Information/Sexual Assault – 6:28 p.m. Officers met with a victim (20-year-old WF) who reported being sexually assaulted by a known suspect (22-year-old WM). Investigation continuing.
13) WEST: Crash – 7:58 p.m. Officers responded to a rollover crash at S. High Point Rd/Watts Rd. The suspect driver (18-year-old WF) turned in front of the victim's vehicle (occupied by a 51-year-old WM and 54-year-old WM), causing a crash. The suspect was transported to a local hospital as a precaution. No serious injuries were believed to have occurred. The suspect was cited for failure to yield.
14) CENTRAL: Residential Burglary – 10:43 p.m. Officers responded to N. Frances St after the caller/victim (25-year-old UM) observed a suspect (AAM) halfway through a window entering his residence. The suspect had cut the screen and pushed open the unlocked window to get inside. The suspect fled as he was confronted by the resident/victim. K9 track conducted. Investigation continuing.
15) EAST: Residential Burglary – 11:03 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a residential burglary. A suspect (25-year-old AAM) entered the home as the homeowners/victims (77-year-old WF and 82-year-old WM) were present. The suspect fled but was located by officers. The suspect was arrested for burglary.
16) NORTH: Strong Armed Robbery – 12:10 a.m. Officers responded to Dryden Dr for a robbery of a pizza delivery driver/victim (27-year-old WF). A suspect (AAM) demanded cash from the victim and fled on foot. The victim was not injured. Incident Report on MPD's website completed. Investigation continuing.
17) SOUTH: Battery – 3:18 a.m. Officers responded to Moorland Rd for a report of a battery. There was a delay in reporting of this incident. The victim (36-year-old WM) reported that a suspect (AAM) approached him in a parking lot and asked him for money. The victim stated that when he turned the male down, two other suspects (AAMs) appeared and he was assaulted. The victim sustained visible injuries. Incident Report on MPD's website completed. Investigation continuing.