The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 11/29/2018 through 6:00 a.m. on 11/30/2018, MPD received 463 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 463 calls for service for the past 24-hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (91), East (92), Midtown (81), North (76), South (42), West (48), and Other (33). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
**Priority calls only from 10:05am-12:08pm due to calls for service.
1) CENTRAL: Traffic Incident/Property Damage – 7:14 a.m. Officers responded to N. Park St/W. Johnson St for a traffic incident. A vehicle/driver (60-year-old WF) was attempting to make a turn when the vehicle struck a traffic control light. Traffic was affected in the area. No injuries reported. City Traffic and Engineering responded. MPD assisted with traffic direction. No other action deemed necessary by the police.
2) NORTH: Crash/Property Damage – 8:45 a.m. Officers responded to Huxley St/Manley St for a traffic incident. A subject (26-year-old AAM) was driving on Manley St when the vehicle began to swerve/slide. The vehicle struck another vehicle, a power pole and a fire hydrant. No injuries reported at the scene. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Death Investigation – 10:02 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence regarding a deceased subject (32-year-old WM). The decedent had a history of drug use. Drug use evidence was observed on scene. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
4) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person/Sex Offense – 12:10 p.m. Officers responded to E. Campus Mall for a report of a subject/suspect (23-year-old AAM) exposing himself in front of residents. The suspect was located and arrested for lewd/lascivious behavior.
5) MIDTOWN: Juvenile Complaint - 1:26 pm. A subject (11-year-old WF) with mental health issues punched a hole in the wall at her residence. Her father was concerned for his safety so he called police. The subject was voluntarily transported to a local hospital.
6) EAST: Theft - 2:24 pm. A female subject (28-year-old WF) contacted police because she discovered that her 9mm handgun was stolen out of her closet. She believed it may have been stolen during a house party in the last 2 weeks. Investigation continuing.
7) SOUTH: Information/Sexual Assault of a Child - 2:57 pm. A victim (16-year-old WM) reported unwanted sexual contact with an African American male, possibly also 16 years old, who has not been positively identified. Investigation continuing.
8) CENTRAL: Assist Capitol Police - 5:39 pm. A subject (49-year-old WM) was in the Capitol rotunda screaming and yelling. Capitol police requested an MPD mental health officer and then asked for emergency backup. MPD officers responded and assisted in stabilizing the scene.
9) WEST: Check Property - 8:59 pm. A caller on Wichita Ct reported hearing two possible gunshots that were possibly in the area of Cimarron Trail. Officers responded to check the area. A subject walking his dog reported hearing the shots and said they came from the Tucson/Santa Fe area. No casings or property damage found, and no additional callers. Investigation continuing.
10) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance/PC Conveyance – 9:39 pm. Officers responded to W. Main St for a noise complaint and made contact with two subjects (19-year-old WF and 24-year-old WM). Officers observed significant damage to property in the apartment. The female subject was conveyed to detox. No criminal charges were substantiated. Investigation continuing.
11) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 12:19 am. Officers responded to the 2500 block of Calypso Rd for the report of a man stabbed. The victim (34-year-old AAM) reported that he attempted to intervene in a disturbance in the apartment next to his whereupon a suspect (49-year-old AAM) stabbed him. The victim was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. PC was established for 1st Degree Reckless Endangering Safety for the suspect, who remains at large. Investigation continuing. An incident report was completed on MPD's website.
12) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 12:32 am. Officers respond to the 1200 block of McKenna Blvd for a report of a domestic disturbance. The suspect (25-year-old WF) threatened to kill the victim (19-year-old WF). The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and taken to the DCJ. Investigation continuing.
13) SOUTH: Traffic Stop – 1:33 am. Officers stopped a subject (56-year-old AAM) after noticing the car he was driving matched the pictures in an intelligence bulletin provided by another law enforcement agency regarding a package thief. The driver did not match the suspect description and he allowed a search of the car. Nothing was located. No further action deemed necessary by police.