The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 12/28/2018 through 6:00 a.m. on 12/29/2018, MPD received 390 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 390 calls for service for the past 24 hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (46), East (75), Midtown (44), North (83), South (34), West (80), and Other (28). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other."
**Priority calls for service only from 6:35p to 8:45p due to numerous crashes as a result of icy road conditions.
1) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 7:48 am. Officers responded with MFD to a central residence where a subject reported his wife (59-year-old WF) was having trouble breathing. The female was transported by MFD to the hospital where she passed away. The decedent had a history of alcohol abuse. No suspicious circumstances were found. Medical examiner's office was notified.
2) WEST: Check Welfare/Threats Complaint – 9:56 a.m. Officers attempted to contact and check the welfare of a subject (40-year-old AAF) on McKenna Blvd after she supposedly made threats to harm her daughter (25-year-old AAF). The subject was not located at her residence and attempts to call her phone number were unsuccessful. Officers also attempted to locate the daughter, but it is not known where she resides. No charges have been substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Check Person – 10:55 a.m. Officers responded to a north side residence in an attempt to locate a wanted suspect (24-year-old AAM) at the request of Probation/Parole. The suspect was observed in the area but ran when he noticed officers. The suspect is at large. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Missing Adult – 11:00 a.m. Officers responded to a west side residence regarding a missing subject (20-year-old HF) with cognitive delays. The subject was located uninjured and returned home. No further action deemed necessary by police.
5) NORTH: Missing Juvenile – 5:36 pm. A mother contacted police to report her daughter (13-year-old AAF) missing. Officers checked the area. Database entries were made and an ATL was broadcast. Investigation continuing.
6) MIDTOWN: Child Abuse – 5:36 pm. A social worker at a local hospital requested that officers respond to investigate possible abuse of a 5-year-old female who had bruises on her arms and lower back. CPS was notified. Investigation continuing.
7) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance/Child Abuse - 12:41 am. Officers were dispatched to Luann Ln for a report of a disturbance between a mother/suspect (35-year-old AAF) and daughter/victim (17-year-old AAF). During an argument, the suspect grabbed the victim by the hair and punched her in the eye. Witnesses corroborated the victim's story and the suspect was arrested for physical abuse of a child. CPS notified. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Domestic Disturbance - 1:47 am. Officers were dispatched to the Motel 6 on East Towne Blvd regarding a disturbance between a suspect (31-year-old WM) and a victim (29-year-old AAF). The suspect was arrested and charged with domestic DC, battery, and misdemeanor bail jumping. Investigation continuing.
9) CENTRAL: Disturbance/Disorderly Conduct - 2:16 am. Officers responded to Red Rock Saloon, 322 W Johnson St, where a victim (21-year-old AF) reported unwanted sexual contact. Bouncers removed the suspect (UM) from the bar. The suspect has not yet been positively identified. Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Arson - 4:53 am. MPD was dispatched along with MFD to two vehicles that were on fire in the 1300 block of S Thompson Dr. MFD has the lead in the investigation.
11) MIDTOWN: Weapons Offense Shots Fired – 4:49 am. One caller reported hearing two shots coming from the Verona Rd and Britta Pkwy area. Officers checked the area and did not find evidence of shots being fired. Investigation continuing.