The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 12/07/2018 through 6:00 a.m. on 12/08/2018, MPD received 486 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 486 calls for service for the past 24 hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (78), East (100), Midtown (66), North (64), South (60), West (65), and Other (53). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other."
1) NORTH: Stolen/Recovered Auto – 6:37 am. A subject (61-year-old WM) reported his vehicle stolen from outside his residence on Pawling St. The subject suspected his son (17-year-old WM) was responsible and after a discussion, his son admitted to taking the vehicle. The subject decided not to press charges.
2) NORTH: Traffic Crash – 7:11 am. The suspect (23-year-old UM) was driving southbound on N Stoughton Rd when he struck a vehicle stopped at the intersection of Kinsman Blvd. Two other vehicles at the intersection were also struck. The suspect and one driver sustained minor injuries. The suspect was cited for inattentive driving. Investigation continuing.
3) EAST: Injured Person – 7:44 am. Officers responded to a local hospital for a report of a patient/victim (31-year-old AAM) with a stab wound to the thigh which required staples to close. The patient was intoxicated and claimed he accidentally cut himself while in a hotel room with his girlfriend (42-year-old AAF). No evidence was found to suggest foul play and no charges were substantiated. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 1:19 pm. Officers responded to the 7100 block of Tree Ln for a physical disturbance where a suspect (19-year-old AAM) forced entry into a residence where the mother of his children lived. The suspect kicked the door open and injured a child/victim (6-year-old AAM) who was attempting to lock the door. The suspect then battered his girlfriend/victim (18-year-old AAF) and fled the residence. The suspect was later apprehended and charged with domestic disorderly conduct, physical abuse of a child, possession of cocaine, criminal damage to property and a probation hold. Investigation continuing.
5) MIDTOWN: Death Investigation – 2:32 pm. Officers responded to Delaplaine Ct to check the welfare of a subject (56-year-old AAM) whose daughter had not heard from him in several days. Officers located the subject deceased in his residence. The decedent had a history of medical issues. Nothing determined to be suspicious.
6) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 5:47 pm. Officers attempted contact with a wanted subject (26-year-old AAM) upon leaving his residence. The suspect fled and attempted to hide in an apartment in the 1900 block of Northport Dr but was located and apprehended by police.
7) CENTRAL: Check Person – 7:01 pm. A subject (29-year-old WF) contacted dispatch when her boyfriend ( 35-year-old WM) threatened to harm himself. The subject was evaluated at the hospital and was later conveyed to Winnebago Mental Health Institute.
8) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 11:28 pm. Officers responded to the 1100 block of Morraine View Dr for a report of an intoxicated suspect (22-year-old HM) creating a disturbance. The victim (27-year-old HF) asked the suspect to leave the residence but the suspect refused and pushed the victim. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct. Investigation continuing.
9) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 11:50 pm. Officers responded to a residence on East Bluff for a report of a physical disturbance in which the suspect ( 42-year-old AAM) punched the victim (37-year-old WF) in the face and strangled her. Upon officers' arrival, the suspect had fled the scene and remains at large. Probable cause was developed to arrest the suspect for domestic strangulation, domestic disorderly conduct and bail jumping. Investigation continuing.