The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 11/30/2018 through 6:00 a.m. on 12/01/2018, MPD received 445 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 445 calls for service for the past 24 hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (75), East (80), Midtown (82), North (67), South (50), West (61), and Other (30). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other."
1) WEST: Stolen Auto – 9:08 am. Officers responded to the 7900 block of Tree Ln for a report of a stolen vehicle. The victim (43-year-old AAF) reported the suspect (42-year-old AAM) had been staying with her and this morning she discovered her car was missing and the suspect and his belongings were gone. Investigation continuing.
2) MIDTOWN: Domestic Disturbance – 10:02 am. An argument broke out at a residence on Braxton Pl between a girlfriend/ suspect (22-year-old AAF) and boyfriend/victim (23-year-old AAM) in which the suspect punched, scratched and bit the victim. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery. Investigation continuing.
3) CENTRAL: Battery – 10:45 am. Officers responded to the Beacon at 615 E Washington Ave where the suspect (25-year-old AAF) broke a bottle over the head of the victim (47-year-old AAM). Probable cause was developed to arrest the suspect for battery. The suspect is at large. Investigation continuing.
4) MIDTOWN: Information – 10:49 am. Officers made contact with private school staff to discuss inappropriate statements made by a student teacher (22-year-old UM) toward some students. Documentation only at this time. Investigation continuing.
5) WEST: Death Investigation – 11:02 am. The resident manager of a senior living apartment complex on N High Point Rd found the subject (74-year-old WF) deceased in her residence. The death appears to be due to natural causes. Medical examiner on scene.
6) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 1:37 pm. Officers took a wanted suspect into custody in the 3700 block of E Karstens Dr. The suspect was wanted for domestic 1st degree reckless endangerment and a parole hold.
7) EAST: Threats Complaint – 1:47 pm. A case manager (57-year-old WM) at a residence on Thierer Rd contacted police to report the suspect (60-year-old WM) threatened to get a gun and kill him. Officers developed probable cause to arrest the suspect for disorderly conduct. The suspect is at large. Investigation continuing.
8) WEST: Weapons Offense – 1:59 pm. The suspect (60-year-old AAM) and victim (33-year-old AAM) are coworkers at West Towne Mall. A dispute between the two led to the suspect inflicting a superficial stab wound in the victim's back and a scratch to the victim's neck. The suspect was charged with 2nd degree reckless endangerment and was taken to jail. Investigation continuing. An incident report was completed on MPD's website.
9) WEST: Conveyance Mental Health – 2:49 pm. Officers responded to the 9400 block of Old Sauk Rd for a suicidal subject (61-year-old WM). The subject was placed in protective custody and transported to a local hospital.
10) NORTH: OMVWI – 4:45 pm. Officers responded to a motor vehicle crash at E Washington Ave and Zeier Rd in which a car hit a pole and another car (whose driver was uninjured). The suspect (52-year-old WM) was arrested for 3rd offense OWI and possession of drug paraphernalia. The suspect was taken to jail after being medically cleared at the hospital. Investigation continuing.
11) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 5:23 pm. Officers took a wanted suspect (54-year-old AAF) into custody in the area of Vahlen St and Huxley St. The suspect was wanted for armed robbery and misdemeanor bail jumping. Investigation continuing.
12) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 5:30 pm. Officers responded to a store in the 400 block of State St for a report of two intoxicated suspects (18-year-old WM and 20-year-old WF) who were knocking over merchandise. The male suspect was cited for underage consumption of alcohol and resisting/obstructing an officer. The female suspect was charged with retail theft, underage consumption of alcohol, disorderly conduct, resisting/obstructing an officer and felony bail jumping. Both suspects were conveyed to jail. Investigation continuing.
13) EAST: Retail Theft – 5:55 pm. A loss prevention officer at JC Penney's East Towne alerted officers that a suspect (52-year-old AAF) from a previous retail theft was in the store. Officers apprehended the suspect outside the store with merchandise she had not paid for. The suspect was arrested for felony retail theft for the current incident and misdemeanor retail theft from the previous incident. Investigation continuing.
14) EAST: Violation of Court Order – 6:16 pm. The suspect (37-year-old WM) and victim (41-year-old HF) are in the process of getting a divorce. The suspect violated a court order when he texted the victim. The suspect was arrested and taken to jail. Investigation continuing.
15) CENTRAL: Domestic Disturbance – 7:10 pm. The suspect (57-year-old WF) was arguing with her husband/victim (64-year-old WM) in the 1300 block of Williamson St and slapped him in the face. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery and taken to jail. Investigation continuing.
16) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 7:27 pm. Officers responded to Columbus Ln for a victim (17-year-old AAF) who reported her boyfriend (19-year-old AAM) punched her in the head and face, strangled her and dragged her down some stairs before leaving on foot with her phone. A K9 track was done but the suspect remains at large. Probable cause was developed to arrest the suspect for physical abuse to a child (17 year olds are deemed as "children" when victimized in the state of WI), domestic strangulation and theft. The victim was transported to the hospital for a forensic nurse exam. Investigation continuing.
17) WEST: Check Person – 8:36 pm. Officers responded to a group home on the west side for a subject (28-year-old WM) who was hitting, kicking and spitting at staff. The subject was taken to the hospital where he was medicated and then returned to his care facility. A plan was formulated to handle his behavior.
18) SOUTH: Stolen Auto – 12:10 am. Officers stopped a vehicle exceeding the speed limit at the intersection of John Nolen Dr and the beltline. Upon running the plates, the vehicle came back as stolen. The suspect/driver (35-year-old WM) was arrested for operating a motor vehicle without consent and possession of drug paraphernalia. Investigation continuing.
19) CENTRAL: Check Person – 12:55 am. Dispatch received a report of a subject (56-year-old WF) in the area of E Mifflin St and N Hancock St who appeared highly intoxicated and was crying and yelling. The subject was placed in protective custody and conveyed to the hospital for a complaint of chest pains before being taken to detox.