The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 3/24/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 3/25/2019, MPD received 295 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 295 calls for service for the past 24-hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (55), East (59), Midtown (56), North (36), South (28), West (39), and Other (22). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
1) MIDTOWN: Check Person – 7:48 a.m. Journey contacted MPD to report that a patient (19-year-old AAF) left their facility. Officers located her about a half hour later at the Salvation Army. The patient refused to return to Journey. Officers took the patient to Winnebago on a Ch. 51 return.
2) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 9:51 a.m. Officers responded after a suspect (48-year-old AAM) struck his wife (53-year-old AAF) in the face. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct. Investigation continuing.
3) EAST: Death Investigation – 2:11 p.m. MPD and MFD responded to an east side residence for a deceased subject (25-year-old WM) with a history of significant health problems. Nothing appears suspicious at this time.
4) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 3:21 p.m. Officers responded after the suspect (17-year-old UF) called 911 from stating her foster mother punched her in the face. When Officers questioned her about the incident, the suspect admitted the accusation was a lie. The suspect was taken to the Dane County Jail for Obstructing and Bail Jumping. Investigation continuing.
5) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 6:26 p.m. The suspect's (32-year-old WM) uncle contacted police because the suspect appeared to be on drugs. The suspect was arrested without incident for a Parole Violation. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Accident Hit and Run – 7:03 p.m. Officers responded to the 5700 block of Milwaukee St (Homburg Construction site) when a suspect (31-year-old WM) armed with a knife fled there after intentionally ramming his vehicle into an unoccupied car in the parking lot of the CC Riders Clubhouse. When Officers contacted the suspect, he was uncooperative but after officers dialogued with the suspect, he voluntarily surrendered a knife and was taken into custody without incident. The suspect was arrested for Reckless Driving, Criminal Damage to Property, Hit and Run, and Disorderly Conduct. Investigation continuing.
7) MIDTOWN: Threats Complaint – 9:29 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 300 block of N. Brooks Street regarding a suspect (48-year-old AAM) threatening others. The suspect refused to answer the door for officers on scene and could not be contacted. It should be noted that this suspect was located and arrested on Monday morning in the Central District.
8) MIDTOWN: Check Person – 10:43 p.m. Officers were dispatched regarding what was reported to be a weapons offense after an individual (36-year-old AAM) flagged down a passerby claiming to have just been shot. Upon arrival, it was discovered nobody had been shot. Subsequent investigation revealed this was an elaborate attempt to get attention and the suspect eventually admitted to his lie. Investigation continuing.
9) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 11:35 p.m. Officers on routine patrol were flagged down regarding a subject creating a disturbance in the 500 block of State Street. Officers contacted the 31-year-old HM suspect who was intoxicated, screaming, yelling, and creating a visible disturbance. The suspect was arrested without incident for Disorderly Conduct and transported to the Dane County Jail. Investigation continuing.
10) EAST: Missing Adult – 2:06 a.m. Officers responded to a residence on the east side after a man called police to report that his girlfriend (38-year-old WF) had gone missing after saying she was going to get cigarettes and did not return. The subject was last seen around midnight at their residence. The subject has a past history of suicidal ideation and current drug dependency issues. The subject was entered as missing in NCIC, an ATL was completed, and a phone ping through dispatch will be completed shortly. Investigation continuing.
11) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 2:06 a.m. Officers were dispatched to the 100 block of State Street regarding a disturbance complaint. The suspect (38-year-old WM) followed the victim (24-year-old WF) from the 500 block of State Street to the 100 block of State Street screaming threats at her. The victim sought refuge at Ian's Pizza where employees refused to allow the suspect entrance to keep him away from her. The suspect was arrested for Disorderly Conduct and transported him to the Dane County Jail. Investigation continuing.
12) MIDTOWN: Information – 2:35 a.m. Officers were dispatched to the VA Hospital for what was originally dispatched as a weapons offense/person shot but later changed to an information report/injured person. The subject (32-year-old WM) sustained a severe burn due to a mishap which occurred in the cab of his truck. Subject's injuries were non-life threatening. Investigation continuing.