The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 06/21/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 06/22/2019, MPD received 607 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 607 calls for service for the past 24 hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (140), East (108), Midtown (78), North (87), South (44), West (78), and Other (72). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other."
**Priority calls only from 4:00pm to 5:00pm and from 6:50pm to 10:10pm due to calls for service.
1) MIDTOWN: Emergency Detention – 1:40 pm. An officer was sent to collaborate with Journey Mental Health to complete an emergency detention petition on a subject (70-year-old WF) who was committed to a local hospital.
2) MIDTOWN: Conveyance/Arrested Person - 2:40 pm. Officers were sent to a local hospital to arrest a suspect (41-year-old WM) from a previous incident who had been medically cleared from the hospital.
3) MIDTOWN: Conveyance/Emergency Detention – 3:33 pm. Officers were sent to a local hospital to convey a subject (27-year-old NAF) who had been placed under an emergency detention to WMHI.
4) CENTRAL: Battery – 3:50 pm. Officers responded to the top of State St where the suspect (55-year-old AAF) pushed one victim (46-year-old WF) causing her to fall to the ground, and punched a second victim (61-year-old WF) in the head. A security officer witnessed the incident, which was also captured on city cameras. Officers arrested the suspect who, on the way to jail, threatened an officer. The suspect was charged with two counts of battery, one count of threats to law enforcement, and bail jumping. Investigation continuing.
5) SOUTH: Disturbance – 4:32 pm. Officers initially responded to the Catholic Multicultural Center on Beld St for a suspect (28-year-old HM) who spit on an employee and then left on foot. Officers checked the area but did not locate the suspect. A short time later, officers were dispatched to St Vincent de Paul on S Park St where the same suspect from the earlier incident was refusing to leave the store and had become combative with staff. The suspect bit one staff member (38-year-old WM) on the arm. The suspect was arrested for two counts of disorderly conduct and one count of battery. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Stolen Auto – 7:16 pm. A victim (40-year-old WM) reported three suspects (younger AAMs) stole his vehicle from his residence on the far west side. The suspect who was driving the stolen vehicle swerved at the victim while fleeing, knocking the victim to the ground and causing minor injuries. The suspects remain at large. Investigation continuing.
7) MIDTOWN: Check Person – 9:04 pm. A subject (46-year-old AAF) contacted Journey Mental Health because she was having thoughts of harming herself. Officers contacted the subject who was voluntarily transported to a local hospital.
8) WEST: Juvenile Arrest – 7:58 pm. A west neighborhood officer received information about the location of a subject wanted on multiple court orders. The suspect (15-year-old AAM) was arrested without incident and taken to JRC.
9) EAST: Check Person – 9:37 pm. The wife of a subject/suspect (30-year-old WM) requested that police check the welfare of her husband as she was concerned he may be suicidal. The suspect had driven to a local hospital and when officers attempted contact with him there, he was resistive. After being discharged from the hospital, the suspect was arrested for the charge of resisting and was conveyed to jail. Investigation continuing.
10) NORTH: Check Person/Drug Overdose – 10:50 pm. Officers were dispatched to the 2200 block of E Johnson St for a subject (40-year-old WM) who was unresponsive. Officers administered naloxone prior to EMS arrival. Once on scene, paramedics revived the subject. No charges have been substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.
11) NORTH: Runaway Juvenile – 12:22 am. A mother reported her son (14-year-old WM) left their residence on Barby Ln when he became upset with her. The juvenile was entered as missing and an ATL was aired. Investigation continuing.