The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 06/26/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 06/27/2019, MPD received 537 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 537 calls for service for the past 24-hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (102), East (90), Midtown (85), North (89), South (58), West (74), and Other (39). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
**Priority calls only from 5:16pm-6:58pm due to calls for service.
1) CENTRAL: Death Investigation – 9:09 a.m. Officers responded to a Central district residence for a deceased subject (48-year-old WF). The decedent had a history of drug use. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
2) NORTH: Found Property – 9:47 a.m. Officers responded to East Park Blvd for property that had been thrown from a vehicle into the street. The caller reported observing two AAMs in a vehicle (that was reported stolen) driving on East Park Blvd and throwing items out of the vehicle. Property recovered. Stolen vehicle and suspects at-large. Investigation continuing.
3) EAST: Intoxicated Driver – 12:29 p.m. Officers responded to Valley Road for a crash. The driver/suspect (33-year-old WM) struck an unoccupied parked vehicle. The suspect was found to be under the influence of prescription drugs. The suspect sustained minor injuries. The suspect was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (1st offense) and released to a responsible party.
4) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 4:27 p.m. Officers responded to Lake Point Drive for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (26-year-old AAF victim and 26-year-old AAM suspect). Probable cause was developed to arrest the suspect for battery, disorderly conduct and strangulation (all domestic-related charges). The suspect was transported to jail.
5) NORTH: Juvenile Arrest – 5:00 p.m. Officers responded to the McDonald's on Dryden Drive for a report of juveniles jumping into the back of a boat (on its trailer) in the drive-thru. As officers arrived in the area, the juveniles fled on foot. One of the juveniles (15-year-old AAM) was apprehended and was not cooperative with officers. As this was occurring, several other juveniles in the area decided to intervene. The investigation ended with 5 juveniles being cited/released for various charges. Involved juveniles/suspects were: 14-year-old AAM, 15-year-old AAM, 17-year-old AAF, 15-year-old AAM and 15-year-old AAM. Charges included: resisting and disorderly conduct. All juveniles were cited and released to responsible parties.
6) CENTRAL: Drug Incident/Overdose – 6:16 p.m. Officers responded to E. Johnson Street for a report of a subject (31-year-old WM) slumped over on the sidewalk. The subject was unconscious and unresponsive. Officers and MFD administered Naloxone which revived him. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where he was cited for possession of cocaine. Investigation continuing.
7) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 10:13 p.m. Officers responded to the Walgreens on E. Main Street for a suspect (42-year-old AAM) refusing to leave when the store closed. The suspect was escorted out of the store by an employee. The suspect forced his way back into the store and physically assaulted a store employee. The suspect was arrested, conveyed to jail and charged with battery, disorderly conduct, resisting and a probation hold.
8) EAST: Death Investigation – 10:46 p.m. Officers responded to an east side assisting living facility for a pulseless non-breathing subject (86-year-old WF). Lifesaving measures were not successful. Medical Examiner's office notified. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Death Investigation – 12:38 a.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a pulseless non-breathing subject (26-year-old WM). Lifesaving measures were not successful. Medical Examiner's office responded. Investigation continuing.
10) CENTRAL: Check Person – 2:05 a.m. Officers responded to the 300 block of W. Mifflin Street to check the welfare of a subject (34-year-old WM) who had made concerning/suicidal statements on social media. The subject was located and taken into protective custody. The subject was conveyed to detox. Investigation continuing.
11) CENTRAL: Conveyance to Detox – 3:23 a.m. Officers responded to the 500 block of W. Wilson Street where the caller (28-year-old WF) reported that someone broke into her residence and was standing over her with a sword. The investigation proceeded and the caller's explanation changed multiple times. The residence was cleared and no signs of a disturbance/forced entry identified. The caller was extremely intoxicated. The caller/subject was taken into protective custody and conveyed to detox.