From 5:30 a.m. on 08/25/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 08/26/2017, MPD received 494 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Adult Arrested Person – 5:47 a.m. At approximately 9:20 p.m., a 26 year old WM entered the bathroom of the BP on Pflaum Rd (clerk did not see him enter). When the day shift arrived, at approximately 5:30 a.m., they found the door locked. Upon unlocking, they located the subject unconscious and not responsive. It was clear from evidence near the subject that he had consumed heroin. Subject was conveyed to a local hospital where he was admitted. The subject has 8 arrest warrants, probable cause for armed robbery, 3 counts of bail jumping, and now a new charge for possession of drug paraphernalia and heroin. A guard will be posted until medically cleared.
2) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 12:07 p.m. A number of calls came in for a man (AAM, 21 years old), in the Sherman Avenue/Commercial Avenue area, wearing a dirt covered robe exposing himself to the public. When contacted by officers, he tried to run away. Once apprehended he fought with officers causing minor injuries to two officers.
3) WEST: Strong Arm Robbery – 12:40 p.m. MPD was dispatched to contact the victim (AAM 55 years old) at the City-County Building. The victim reported that he owed the suspect (AAM, unknown age) $400 for drugs. The victim reported that the suspect observed the victim in the parking lot of Woodmans west and entered his car. Once in the car the suspect threatened the victim. The suspect took the victim's wallet. The victim was not injured and reported that this has happened before. Video evidence will be obtained. Investigation ongoing.
4) CENTRAL: Accident With Injuries: 12:50 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the intersection of N. Carroll St. and W. Johnson St. An AAM, 71 years old, was walking on N. Carroll St. across W. Johnson St. in the crosswalk. The driver, a WF, 20 years old, was turning left from N. Carroll St. onto W. Johnson Street and struck the pedestrian. The pedestrian suffered a concussion and was transported to the hospital. Supervisor was on scene as well as an investigator. The driver was cited for failure to yield causing injury.
5) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person: 1:52 p.m. The North Community Policing Team (CPT) was monitoring the 1900 block of Northport Dr. for a wanted subject. The suspect (AAM, 22 years old) was observed driving and a traffic stop was conducted. The suspect was taken into custody without incident. A loaded 38 handgun was seized. The suspect was charged with Armed Robbery, Strangulation, Possession of THC (marijuana), Possession of Cocaine, Possession of a Schedule II drugs and Carrying a Concealed Weapon.
6) NORTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway: 5:06 p.m. MPD was dispatched to the 1900 block of Northport Dr. for a runaway juvenile (AAF, 15 years old). The complainant reported that the runaway was last seen on the morning of 8/23/17 at 8:30 a.m. Once the report was taken an attempt to locate was aired.
7) WEST: Sexual Assault: 5:53 p.m. MPD was dispatched to Jenewein Rd. reference an AAF, 22 years old, that wanted to report a sexual assault. The victim was taken to the hospital for a Forensic Nurse Examination (FNE). Investigation continuing.
8) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person: 9:40 p.m. Single caller from the 2500 block of McDivitt Road reported a suspicious person outside her residence. Suspect (WM, 33 years old) was banging on her windows while wearing only pajama pants, moaning, leaning forward, unresponsive at times and at other times repeating, "I'm dead inside." Suspect was described as acting like a "zombie," and had a strong odor of intoxicants on him. Victim (F/H, 23 years old) was extremely disturbed and fearful by his actions. Suspect was arrested on Disorderly Conduct and taken to jail. Mental Health Officers (MHOs) and Journey Mental Health updated as well.
9) WEST: Weapons Offense: 11:01 p.m. Caller in the Carling Drive/Lovell Lane area reported a suspect pulling a handgun on her and her group of friends. A specific description was provided, and responding officers observe someone matching that description entering a residence. A short time later that same individual exits and enters a vehicle. As officers get behind the vehicle, one subject of the four in the vehicle runs and is caught a short distance later. Original caller is re-contacted but unable to provide specific enough information to establish probable cause for the gun charge. A 20 year old AAM subject was arrested on a resisting and obstructing charge.
10) EAST: Check Person: 1:26 a.m. Caller to 911 was swearing at dispatcher, upset about the resolution of a call for service which occurred 2 months prior. When told an officer could be sent, she demanded to speak with a dispatch supervisor and continued cursing. Eventually, Madison Police Department sent an officer and a sergeant to her address. No response at the door. Further follow-up will be done.
11) WEST: Armed Robbery: 2:28 a.m. Two juveniles are alone in an apartment on Tree Lane as parents had gone out for the evening. Door buzzer rings and one of the juveniles goes into the hallway to the common door of the complex and allows a subject into the common hallway. This suspect then goes to another common door and lets in two more males. Eventually, these three suspects end up entering the home of the juveniles taking various items before leaving. The juveniles note that there were handguns with the suspect; however, these were never pointed at them. Once the suspects left, the juveniles called their parents who immediately returned home and called the police. Investigation continuing.
12) Weapons Offense – 2:43 a.m. Group of males involved in a dispute in the 400 block of West Gilman Street, which turned into an argument. Suspect (AAM, 23 years old) reportedly pulls a knife and makes a threat. Police arrive on scene and all are detained until probable cause is established. The suspect is arrested for disorderly conduct while armed.
13) Weapons Violation – 4:43 a.m. Multiple calls by a concerned neighbor in the 400 block of Brooks Street stating that the suspect (M/W, 41 years old) was outside screaming that he was going to harm her. Officers arrive and hear the yelling and see the suspect run away and into his residence upon seeing police. Suspect is known to have a large dog and refuses to answer the door. A probable cause affidavit will be written up for subsequent arrest.