From 5:30 a.m. on 02/04/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 02/05/2018, MPD received 268 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown.
*Priority only calls city-wide at 11:45am due to weather-related crashes.
*Priority only calls west of the square starting at 1:00pm due to calls for service.
1) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person - 6:00 a.m. Officers were at a local hospital for a suspect (28 year old WM) who had a probation hold warrant but required a medical clearance before being conveyed to jail. Once the suspect was cleared from the hospital he was placed into custody. The suspect became combative, resisted arrest and injured an officer. The suspect was transported to a local hospital for his outstanding warrant.
2) WEST: Adult Arrested Person - 8:34 a.m. Department of Corrections requested MPD locate an individual with an active warrant. The suspect (27 year old WM) was located on Tree Lane. He was arrested and conveyed to jail for his outstanding warrant.
3) CENTRAL: Check Person - 11:30 a.m. Officers responded to the 300 block of W. Dayton St to check the welfare of a subject (50 year old WF) who attempted to commit suicide by drinking drain cleaner. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment.
4) EAST: Stolen Auto - 12:35 p.m. Officers responded to the 3400 block of Maple Grove Dr where a suspect (15 year old AAM) was observed stealing a vehicle. The vehicle was observed in the area of McKenna/Raymond. The suspect fled on foot but was apprehended. The suspect was conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center on charges of Operating a Motor Vehicle without Consent (OMVWOC) and resisting.
5) MIDTOWN: Adult Arrested Person - 1:14 p.m. Officers responded to the 4500 block of Verona Rd regarding a subject passed out in a vehicle. The caller reported observing the subject huffing from a can. The subject (56 year old WM) was found in possession of several spray cans. The subject was arrested for Abuse of Hazardous Substance and a parole hold.
6) SOUTH: Drug Incident/Overdose - 2:59 p.m. Officers responded, along with EMS, to the 1300 block of S. Park St regarding a subject possibly having a seizure in a vehicle. The subject (43 year old WM) was administered Naloxone, which revived him. The subject denied any drug use. There was no evidence of drug use on scene. The subject is on probation and the probation/parole office requested a hold be placed on him. The subject was conveyed to jail on the hold.
7) SOUTH: Stolen Auto - 3:04 p.m. Officers responded to Salem Dr for a vehicle that was stolen. The homeowner had started his vehicle, was brushing the snow off of it and went to the door of his home to retrieve an item when a suspect (AAM) exited another vehicle on the street and stole his running vehicle. Attempt to locate aired. The vehicle was listed as stolen in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
8) EAST: Civil Dispute - 3:22 p.m. Officers responded to Blossom Lane for what was originally described as a domestic dispute. The investigation revealed the situation to be a civil landlord-tenant issue. (This was apparently a continuation from the previous day's call for service which was reported in yesterday's blog)
9) CENTRAL: Mental Health Conveyance - 3:35 p.m. Officers responded to the 500 block of E. Mifflin St to convey a subject (44 year old WF) to a local hospital for treatment related to a mental health return order from Journey Mental Health. The subject was transported to a local hospital without incident.
10) WEST: Juvenile Arrest - 5:20 p.m. Officers located a wanted juvenile (15 year old AAM) on Theresa Terrace. The juvenile had two outstanding warrants and he was conveyed to the Juvenile Reception Center.
11) EAST: Fire Investigation - 6:21 p.m. Officers responded to Georgiana Cir for a report of a house fire. MFD responded, along with MPD, and found a kitchen fire at the residence.
12) CENTRAL: Alcohol Conveyance - 7:07 p.m. Officers responded to a parking ramp on N. Carroll St to check the welfare of a subject (32 year old WM). The subject was on the 6th level and near the ledge. Officers were able to successfully talk the subject away from the ledge and placed him into protective custody. The subject was conveyed to detox, due to his alcohol levels, after consulting with Journey Mental Health.
13) EAST: Intoxicated Person - 7:32 p.m. Officers responded to the 3900 block of Dempsey Rd to check the welfare of an intoxicated subject (43 year old WM) with injuries. The subject was resistive to officer's commands as they attempted to place him into protective custody. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital where he was issued a citation for resisting/obstructing.
14) NORTH: Drug Incident/Overdose - 7:52 p.m. Officers responded to the 4700 block of Hayes Rd for an unresponsive subject. The subject (21 year old WM) was administered Naloxone. The subject denied any drug use initially but later admitted to ingesting morphine. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital and then to jail on an outstanding probation violation warrant.
15) SOUTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway - 8:26 p.m. Officers responded to Malibu Dr for a report of a missing/runaway juvenile (16 year old HM). Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing/runaway in the appropriate databases. Investigation continuing.
16) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person - 9:17 p.m. Officers responded to Traceway Dr for a domestic disturbance. The suspect (33 year old AAF) was intoxicated and arguing with her son when she attempted to hit him. The suspect's husband (32 year old AAM) intervened and reported being attacked by his wife. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct.
17) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person - 10:13 p.m. Officers met with a victim (24 year old WM) who reported that after an argument with his roommate a few weeks ago, his roommate/suspect (25 year old WM) threatened to use one of his guns on him. The victim has not been staying at his residence since the argument/threat. Contact was made with the suspect on Langdon Street and he was arrested for disorderly conduct.
18) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person - 10:46 p.m. Officers responded to N. Hancock Street regarding an individual who was present but has bail conditions to not be at the location. The suspect (35 year old WM) was contacted and conveyed to jail on a bail jumping charge.