The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 01/25/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 01/26/2019, MPD received 450 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 450 calls for service for the past 24 hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (80), East (95), Midtown (80), North (63), South (30), West (62), and Other (40). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other."
1) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose/Assist MFD – 5:07 a.m. Officers, along with MFD, responded to a west side residence for a subject (41-year-old WM) experiencing an overdose. MFD and the subject's friends administered Naloxone, which revived the subject. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital. Investigation continuing. *This was a late call that did not make the previous 24-hour cycle call notes due to officers being involved at the scene and reports from the field were not yet typed.
2) NORTH: Check Person – 8:27 a.m. Officers responded to the 4500 block of E. Washington Ave to check the welfare of a subject (50-year-old AAM). It was reported that the subject had caused a disturbance with staff at McDonald's and that he had recently left a hospital against medical advice. The subject was taken into protective custody and conveyed to a local hospital. Investigation continuing.
3) EAST: Information/Battery/Sexual Assault – 10:17 a.m. Officers responded to the 3600 block of Milwaukee St and made contact with two subjects (42-year-old WF and 35-year-old AAM). The male subject reported that the female subject bit him. The male subject had visible injuries. The female subject reported being sexually assaulted by the male subject. Investigation continuing.
4) MIDTOWN: Check Person – 4:32 pm. A subject (14-year-old AAF) created a disturbance at her group home and was harming herself. The subject was taken to the hospital.
5) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 6:30 pm. A suspect (31-year-old WM) created a disturbance when picking up his children at their mother's (29-year-old HF) east side residence. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct and taken to jail. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 7:10 pm. Officers responded to an east side residence for a report of a domestic disturbance. The suspect (41-year-old AAM) was yelling and swearing at the victim (41-year-old AAF). The suspect fled but was subsequently found hiding in a dumpster on Milwaukee St and was charged with domestic disorderly conduct, resisting/obstructing officers and bail jumping and was taken to jail. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 10:18 pm. Officers responded to a north side residence for an argument that broke out between the suspect (25-year-old AAM) and the victim (29-year-old AAF). A physical altercation ensued in which the suspect strangled and punched the victim. The suspect was arrested for domestic DC, strangulation, battery and bail jumping. Investigation continuing.
8) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 12:27 am. Officers responded to the 1100 block of Morraine View Dr where a verbal argument between the suspect (32-year-old AAM) and the victim (30-year-old AAF) had become physical. The suspect was arrested for domestic DC and taken to jail. Investigation continuing.