The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 03/21/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 03/22/2019, MPD received 425 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 425 calls for service for the past 24 hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (67), East (84), Midtown (56), North (73), South (54), West (57), and Other (34). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other."
1) WEST: Check Person/Adult Arrested Person – 8:38 am. A mother at a west side residence contacted police when her daughter (31-year-old WF) made what the mother believed to be suicidal statements. Officers contacted the subject and determined she was not suicidal. However, a probation hold was placed on the subject/suspect for drug use. The suspect was transported to jail without incident. Investigation continuing.
2) WEST: Information/Sexual Assault of a Child – 9:15 am. A victim (13-year-old AAF) disclosed to a relative that last summer a family member touched her inappropriately. Human Services was notified and an initial investigation was completed. The suspect (54-year-old AAM) was arrested on a probation/parole hold. Investigation continuing.
3) MIDTOWN: Juvenile Arrest – 10:09 am. Officers detained a suspect (14-year-old AAM) after receiving an apprehension request from a social worker. The suspect was conveyed to JRC.
4) EAST: Death Investigation – 2:02 pm. Home health care staff stopped out at the residence of a subject (60-year-old AAF) after she missed a dialysis appointment. As there was no answer at the door, MFD entered the home and found the subject deceased. Nothing determined to be suspicious.
5) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 3:16 pm. A victim (33-year-old WF) flagged down officers and informed them of a wanted party's location at a north side residence. There was probable cause to arrest the suspect (26-year-old AAM) for battery, criminal damage to property, disorderly conduct and false imprisonment. The victim also reported a disturbance that occurred earlier that day involving the suspect. The suspect was arrested without incident and taken to jail. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Retail Theft – 5:45 pm. Walmart loss prevention employees at 7202 Watts Rd reported the suspect (26-year-old AAM) stole an item and then brought it to the return counter and was issued a gift card. When Loss Prevention tried to stop the suspect, the suspect threatened them and left the store but was apprehended in his vehicle in the parking lot. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct and theft. Investigation continuing.
7) CENTRAL: Mental Health Conveyance – 10:45 pm. Officers responded to a central residence for a mental health/Chapter 51 return. The subject (69-year-old WM) was placed in protective custody and was admitted to a local hospital.
8) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 12:26 am. A victim (46-year-old AAF) and suspect (45-year-old AAM) at a north side residence were arguing over their relationship. The suspect poured beer from a can onto the victim. The victim attempted to take the can away from the suspect and both parties cut themselves on the can in the ensuing tug-of-war. The suspect was arrested for domestic disorderly conduct. Investigation continuing.
9) CENTRAL: Trespass – 1:20 am. Officers responded to Porchlight on N Brooks St for an unwanted person. The suspect (49-year-old AAM) refused to leave the premises and was arrested for trespassing and depositing human waste. Investigation continuing.