The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 4/25/2019 through 6:00 a. m. on 4/26/2019, MPD received 491 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 491 calls for service for the past 24-hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (90), East (94), Midtown (80), North (68), South (39), West (71), and Other (49). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
1) NORTH: Check Person – 8:36 a.m. Officers were dispatched to East High School after a student who was involved in a disturbance and disciplined began making suicidal statements. Officers helped assess the circumstances and after 20 minutes, the student calmed down and stated he was no longer feeling like harming himself. The student was given a ride to a parent's house. Investigation continuing.
2) EAST: Sexual Assault – 9:22 a.m. Officers responded to the 1300 block of MacArthur Rd for a report of a sexual assault. The victim (44-year-old WF) advised that she allowed the suspect (46-year-old WM) to stay at her home and sleep on her couch. In the early morning hours, the suspect assaulted the victim. Investigation continuing.
3) NORTH: Armed Robbery – 10:06 a.m. Officers were dispatched to take a mandatory report of an incident. Upon arrival, they are told by a therapist that the victim (16-year-old WF) had disclosed to being robbed somewhere on the north side of Madison recently. Investigation continuing.
4) CENTRAL: Arrested Juvenile – 2:03 p.m. An MPD detective arrested/charged a suspect (15-yr-old AAM) with Second Degree Sexual Assault of a Child and False Imprisonment of a 17-yr-old female. The assault took place back in January when the suspect lured the victim into a bathroom and subsequently assaulted her at La Follette High School during non-school hours, on a weekend day.
5) NORTH: Sexual Assault – 2:21 p.m. Officer's responded to a local hospital to take a report of a sexual assault. The victim (39-year-old WF) disclosed to hospital staff that her boyfriend/suspect (28-year-old AAM) sexually assaulted her earlier this week. Investigation continuing.
6) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 3:45 p.m. Officers responded to Clyde Gallagher Ave for a report of a domestic disturbance. The suspect (22-year-old AAM) and victim (23-year-old AAF) were arguing when the suspect took the victim's phone and slapped the victim in the face. After interviewing both parties, officers went to arrest the suspect who took off running. There is probable cause for the suspect's arrest on domestic related charges of Battery and Disorderly Conduct as well as Resisting and Bail Jumping. Investigation continuing.
7) CENTRAL: Missing Adult – 3:45 Officers took a report of a missing male who was last seen at the intersection of Broom St and John Nolan Dr. An Attempt-to-Locate was aired. The male returned home safely later in the evening.
8) WEST: Weapons Offense – 5:13 p.m. Officers were dispatched to a stabbing that occurred inside the laundromat at 5708 Raymond Road. On arrival, officers located the victim (41-year-old WF), who had received a laceration to the arm. The victim was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The suspect (48-year-old WM) fled on foot. There is probable cause to arrest the suspect on domestic related charges of Battery, Disorderly Conduct While Armed, and Second Degree Reckless Endangerment. Investigation continuing. Incident Report on MPD's website completed.
9) WEST: Disturbance – 7:46 p.m. Officers were dispatched to Meadowood Library, located at 5726 Raymond Rd, for a suspect (23-year-old AAM) physically fighting with the security officer/victim (33-year-old AAM) and causing property damage after being asked to leave the library. The suspect subsequently bit and spit at the victim/security guard. Despite the aggressive resistance on the part of the suspect, MPD officers were able to place the suspect into custody. The suspect was arrested for Disorderly Conduct, Battery, Resisting an Officer, Damage to Property, and a Probation Violation/Hold. Investigation continuing.
10) SOUTH: Domestic Disturbance – 8:19 p.m. Officers responded to the 2400 block of W Broadway to take a report of a domestic disturbance. The victim (37-year-old HF) took shelter in the bathroom of a gas station after a verbal argument between her and the suspect (27-year-old AAM) for fear of being battered. Upon officers' arrival and investigation, probable cause was developed for the suspect's arrest. As the officers attempted to effect the arrest, the suspect fled and injured an officer in the process prior to being detained. The suspect was ultimately charged with domestic related crimes of Disorderly Conduct and Resisting/Obstructing. Investigation continuing.
11) MIDTOWN: Domestic Disturbance – 8:20 p.m. Officers responded to a residence in the 2100 block of Allied Dr. for a domestic dispute between a suspect (59-year-old AAF) and her boyfriend/victim (58-yearold AAM). The investigation resulted in finding that the suspect had kicked the victim. The suspect was arrested for Domestic Battery. Investigation continuing.
12) WEST: Disturbance – 10:31 p.m. Officers responded to the 6300 block of Alison Ln after a caller/suspect (65-year-old AAM) advised that an unknown male subject used keys to get into his residence. The suspect reported the male subject (44-year-old AAM) stated he had a gun but never observed a weapon. The claim regarding the gun was unfounded. However, the 44-year-old AAM advised the suspect punched a hole in the wall and armed himself with kitchen knives while yelling. Ultimately, the suspect was arrested for Criminal Damage to Property. Investigation continuing.