The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 05/31/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 06/01/2019, MPD received 625 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 625 calls for service for the past 24 hours this is how the calls came in per district: Central (122), East (111), Midtown (95), North (107), South (74), West (72), and Other (74). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other."
**Priority calls only from 11:20am to 12:45pm and from 11:25pm to 3:25am due to calls for service.
1) MIDTOWN: Domestic Disturbance – 4:30 am. An argument erupted between the suspect (43-year-old AAM) and victim (38-year-old AAF) when the victim asked the suspect to leave her residence in the 2700 block of McDivitt Rd. The suspect pushed the victim and took her phone when she attempted to call police. Officers arrived on scene and arrested the suspect for domestic disorderly conduct and intimidation of a victim. * This was a late call that did not make the previous 24-hour cycle call notes due to officers being involved at the scene and reports from the field were not yet typed.
2) MIDTOWN: Traffic Incident – 7:30 am. An officer conducting speed enforcement in the 4000 block of Mineral Point Rd observed a vehicle traveling at 18 mph over the speed limit. The officer attempted to initiate a traffic stop but the vehicle eluded the officer. A check of the license plate revealed the vehicle was listed as a suspect vehicle in a previous burglary. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Runaway Juvenile – 8:37 am. A mother contacted police to inform that her daughter (14-year-old HF), who had run away from home last week, had returned home. The mother expressed concern that her daughter was involved in sex trafficking. Officers provided resources for the mother and daughter. The juvenile was transported to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation. Investigation continuing.
4) NORTH: Adult Arrested Person – 9:00 am. Officers responded to the probation and parole office in the 2500 block of E Johnson St and arrested a suspect (36-year-old AAM) for whom there were outstanding charges related to a burglary. Investigation continuing.
5) MIDTOWN: Information/Sexual Assault – 9:51 am. A victim reported a suspect made inappropriate sexual contact with her. Preliminary information was scant. Investigation continuing.
6) CENTRAL: Disturbance – 2:59 pm. An intoxicated suspect (23-year-old AAM) at the Beacon, 615 E Washington Ave, forgot his manners at the lunch table and grabbed the victim's (62-year-old WF) lunch and pushed it in her face. The suspect also made derogatory comments towards another victim (20-year-old WF) at the table. Staff asked the suspect to leave, whereupon he locked himself in the bathroom until officers arrived on scene. The suspect was arrested for battery, disorderly conduct and trespass. Investigation continuing.
7) NORTH: Domestic Disturbance – 4:42 pm. Officers responded to a residence in the 1500 block of Troy Dr where the suspect (26-year-old AAM) hit the victim (27-year-old AAF), held her against her will in the bedroom and damaged property in the residence. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery, false imprisonment, disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property. Investigation continuing.
8) NORTH: Weapons Offense/Disturbance – 6:02 pm. The victim's mother reported that the suspect (17-year-old HM) waved a gun in the air while directing a comment towards the victim (18-year-old AAM) in a parking lot in the 1500 block of Troy Dr. The interaction was part of an ongoing dispute between acquaintances over a stolen firearm. Officers contacted the suspect but no charges have been substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Drug Overdose – 7:55 pm. Officers responded to a suspect (35-year-old AAM) in the 3500 block of E Washington Ave who had overdosed in his vehicle in a parking lot. MFD paramedics revived the suspect with naloxone. The suspect was transported to the hospital before being taken to jail on charges of possession of heroin and a probation violation. Investigation continuing.
10) SOUTH: Drug Overdose – 9:23 pm. Officers responded to a residence in the 1000 block of W Badger Rd for a subject (57-year-old AAM) who did not have a pulse and was not breathing. MFD paramedics administered naloxone and conveyed the subject to the hospital. Investigation continuing.
11) SOUTH: Disturbance – 9:26 pm. Officers responded to Waunona Woods Ct where two subjects (22-year-old AAM and 25-year-old AAF) were arguing. The female subject claimed her brother (18-year-old AAM) had threatened her and her boyfriend with a gun but investigation revealed this not to be the case. Officers conducted a consent search and did not find a gun. No charges have been substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.
12) EAST: Traffic Crash – 12:20 am. Officers responded to the intersection of E Washington Ave and N 7th St where a motorcyclist (26-year-old WM) failed to negotiate a turn and crashed into a street sign. The suspect was conveyed to the hospital with a broken arm and other internal injuries. Investigation continuing.